1971 1350

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1971 1350

I picked up a 1971 Merc 1350 short shaft last night. It has a shaft extension installed now that will be removed. The wiring is in pretty poor shape and will most likely require a complete rewire. Any one have a decent used wiring harness or power trim and tilt system they want to part with?

Dave
    Attached Files
    Dave Wickline
    1967 Jeepster Convertible
    1957 Bell Boy 16' Convertible

When I rebuilt my '65 merc 1000 I tried to find a complete harness and was unsuccessful, so my father (marine mechanic by trade) and I built our own using contempary wiring and connectors (MUCH SAFER AND LONGER LASTING). These old motors are so simple that building your own harness took us less than a day...

Good luck!!
    Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
    1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

I would have to agree with Brian. You could build a harness even better than the OEM.
      Look up the term "weather pack connectors". I use these on all connections exposed to the elements.

Comment

I have found aftermarket replacements for about 120 and will probably end up going that route. I was just looking for something to get the motor running so i can determine what kind of shape it is in. I have an old spare one laying around i think i can patch up good enough to get it started.
        Dave Wickline
        1967 Jeepster Convertible
        1957 Bell Boy 16' Convertible

Comment

Working...
        X