No announcement yet.

Next: Do the Slough!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning ALL!! HAPPY FRIDAY!! Steve, we will be at the west side boat launch (Wyatt park ?) @ 11 on Saturday. See ya there! Everybody else is invited as well. Greg, we thank you for the offer. Depends on weather and water conditions if she "jumps ship" at Kenmore or not. Nice to have that option ! I sharpened up a fresh prop, rearranged the seating, unloaded a bunch of extra slough run gear and am ready for some on the water "testing" tomorrow! Hope everyone has a great day!
    Attached Files
    Gordon and Cheryl Davies

Comment

I am planning on launching the "Old Blue Boat" at Coulon, weather permitting. I will be at the Issaquah IHOP for breakfast either way. If I'm late getting to Coulon I think the "Old Blue Boat" can catch up with you all!

Hey Cheryl, wanna go fast?
      Attached Files
      Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
      Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Jack, I wanna go fast. We can switch boat. Just kidding, I'd end up killin myself drivin your old blue boat. It's great your bringing it, I love to watch it fly.
        Greg James

Comment

Tim, I did swap out the Homelite. I'm running a 60hp Johnson now. You'll be able to see me coming from a mile away. If the engine's off, just follow the oil slick.

Gordon, sounds good. I'm getting anxious to get back on the water. Plus it's suppose be nice sunny day. It doesn't get any better than that.
          Steve Kiesel
          1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

slough run

Not sure if I am going to run the slough or not, Depends on weather. If nice I will run the event in my 14 fiberform. If not nice weather, we will take the Tabu up to Kenmore as far as we can, (we may not be able to go under the first bridge on the slough due to height restrictions, all depends on how high the water is. As always. If we take the Tabu and club members who want to ride along can always lots of room.
            BTW Tabu is a 1940 Chris Craft DCEB 42ft long which means, warmth, galley, warm and cold drinks, food, head etc.
            Jay

Comment

Hey Jay,
              Suppose it is wrong to pray for bad weather on March 27 but, if it should happen that way, Becky and I are very much up for another ride on the Tabu.
              Jerry
              There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Jerry...

March 27? If you're referring to the Slough Run, Jerry, it's next Saturday, March 13...

See you there...

- Marty
                http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Oh, no!! Where did I go wrong? Guess I was looking at the Snohomish River outing. Can't make next Saturday. Gotta celebrate a birthday with son and daughter-in-law.
                  Jerry

Comment

sough run

Not sure what I am going to do a this point. Had the Tabu out Saturday and lost the port engine. Replaced the fuel filter (very large Dahl 200 series diesel filter) and got it up and going. About an hour later lost the starboard engine. Replaced its filter and was up and going. Ran for about a hour at low speed then went WOT for about 10 minutes. Lost the starboard engine a second time. At this point we were only about 10 minutes from the dock so I brought it in on one engine. Had lost of help getting it in our very tight slip, It does not turn well at all on a single engine. Took the entire filter housing apart and cleaned it on the starboard side but was not able to get the primer pump to work so I will be going back out again one night after work with some diesel to fill the filter housing and try again. I will however not have a chance to test it before the event. I was down to only one spare fuel filter so we are picking up 4 more today.
                    I found that the fuel valves were set up for both engines to be drawing off of both tanks, I have since closed the cross over valves so I can isloate if it is one tank or the other
                    The boat had sat for 11 years when we purchased it. We burnt off about 50 gallons of fuel then toped off, Ran about 100 gallons and toped off again right before Christmas so we could go out and do the Christmas boat thing, We have used about 30 gallons since that time. (she only burns 2gph out cruise so it takes a while)
                    Jay

Comment

Jay,
                      Sorry to hear about the Tabu having problems. Usual boat only go south when I'm on them, not after I have already left them. Anyhow, we're not going with you Saturday, even if you do get it all figured out. Oh, not because I figure I'd jinx you but because I got the Slough date mixed up with the Snohomish River cruise date and have a commitment for this Saturday. I hope you get it all sorted out quickly and easily.
                      Jerry

Comment

Working...
                      X