• Show
Clear All

if the fiberform is ready definetly

:boater1:

unknown year 10ft hydro
    1984 bayliner capri 1975 merc 115

Comment

To all those with questionable crafts

To all of you doubting weather you'll have a running boat for the parade, you should post your interest here as I am sure we can all work together to find rides for everyone interested in participating. No matter what the weather this event is always a good time and well worth a trip out.

I have an extra boat and now have a spare captain:Scared1: so we have a few open seats...

Happy motoring!!!

:GoTeam1: :GoTeam1:
      Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
      1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Ron, if you don't have the Fiberform ready in time it looks like I'll have empty seats, you're welcome to ride with me if three seats will work for you.

Hey Marty, what's the bathroom situation while we're waiting for the parade to start? I imagine there are some folks wondering how long they can hold it ... :Scared2:

Comment

Can't make it this year

Now that I'm back to work ,I won't be able to get a Saturday off . I'm building up my seniority still ??
          I will really miss the cruise past the log boom. Heard lots of " Bear Cat " calls last year. Tim : You will love the way that motor Idles. I used about 2 Gals. of plain gas for the whole day !
          Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

Originally posted by bham-rick, post: 10471
            Now that I'm back to work ,I won't be able to get a Saturday off . I'm building up my seniority still ??
            I will really miss the cruise past the log boom. Heard lots of " Bear Cat " calls last year. Tim : You will love the way that motor Idles. I used about 2 Gals. of plain gas for the whole day !
            Sorry you won't be able to make it Rick, was hoping we could have two Homelites cruising together. And you're right about the gas, I've been amazed at how little this thing burns

Comment

Bathrooms, Opening Day...

Tim -

Good question...

Most of our "holding it" time is at the rendezvous point, at South Lake Union Park, where there are facilities in the old Armory building as well as at the adjoining Center for Wooden Boats.

Once we head for Portage Bay and the parade staging area--and until the parade's over--options become limited. Andy probably knows if it might be possible to dock for a few minutes at Jensen Motorboat Co. and use facilities there, but otherwise I'd suggest that you bring one of those red pee jugs, and/or tie alongside Tabu and beg for mercy, since the biggest boat in our fleet has facilities. Most of the smaller cruisers in our fleet also have Porta-Potties, which might be an option (any potty owners want to step forward, volunteering potential use of your facilities?) Of course, runabouts can carry Porta-Potties, too--just bring a full-length coat for privacy.

Here's a semi-delicate question: I know that someone manufactures a plastic pee-cup device for women...their equivalent of the mens' red pee jug, but obviously with a different design. Does anyone know if those things actually work okay? I bought one several years ago, but Mo's response was to laugh so hard that she pee'd her pants. (Just kidding about the last part--she didn't laugh that hard, but questioned how well the contraption would function. If they actually do work for women, it would be good to know, since I think they're available at West Marine and they might provide at least some comfort for women in our fleet.)

- Marty
              http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

i am almost positive it will be ready just have to finish gettin the steering hooked up.also i have a question about coast guard inspection it has a sticker on it but i don't know the last time it was inspected is there somewhere i can take it just to be safe?

unknown year 10ft hydro

Comment

Marty, Yes the little red pee can does come with an optional female adapter and it evidently works well. I used to offer it to guests on the boat when fishing extended hours. Not as nice as our present port-a-potty but I still carry it as an option. Comments were generally favorable and much better than a trip back to shore facilities. Having a cabin on the boat is preferable but a blanket or long coat I'm sure would suffice.
                  Kent & Diane
                  '58 Westerner

Comment

"Beam me to my waterpod Scotty!!"

Marty, Cheryl and I will be there! "Live long and Prosper"
                    Attached Files
                    Gordon and Cheryl Davies

Comment

Found an awesome Sci-Fi banner for cheap!!!

Check out this customizable Sci-Fi banner we found while ordering our costumes...

http://www.windycitynovelties.com/14...l-banners.html

Might be worth it to get one with the club name...
                      Attached Files
                      Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
                      1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Alien Banner

Brian -

We've already got one of the alien banners, with NORTHWEST CLASSIC BOAT CLUB and our web address on it. The lead boat in our fleet can display the banner on their starboard side, for the benefit of the judges, along with our regular (larger) NWCBC banner.

Also, we're making 50 or so alien masks for members and their kids to wear. (In the style of the aliens on the banner.) Tried earlier to order 50 manufactured alien masks, but the company is no longer making them (and suppliers have only a few left--not nearly enough for our group), so we found a homemade-alien-mask pattern online and will print a bunch on card stock, cut them out and apply rubber straps, etc. From any kind of distance they'll look just like the 'real' alien masks--and the cost will certainly be less.

- Marty

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

fuel

just wondering if there is gonna be fuel stations around the meeting point or just bring extra with?

unknown year 10ft hydro

Comment

Originally posted by ron12, post: 10586
                            just wondering if there is gonna be fuel stations around the meeting point or just bring extra with?
                            No fuel stops that I can remember so its best to make sure you have Plenty of extra.
                            If your not sure how much your going to use, you might ask the question with the engine your using.

Nothing worse then being Towed through the parade.anger:
                            Helmar Joe Johanesen
                            1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                            1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                            Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                            2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                            http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Opening Day

Ron -

There's a fuel dock on Lake Union, almost under the Aurora Bridge and just off of Westlake Avenue North, but that's it. As Helmar says, just bring enough for the day. (The good news in terms of fuel consumption is that you won't be running the engine hard, just idling most of the time.)

- Marty

Comment

awesome ok just wanted to make sure thanks guys!!!

unknown year 10ft hydro

Comment

Working...
                                X