No announcement yet.

Final Roll Call, Opening Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chuck, I was able to find a refurbished febelflexer adjusting rod on e-bay. I will install and hope it works o.k on parade day if it gets here by then.
    Greg James

Comment

I'm trying!

I'm working on installing a new gas tank and plan to have it finished ready for Opening Day. Barring something unforeseen, I plan to be there. I've not thought of decorations--would I be the only one? Suggestions? -Ken

Comment

Opening Day

Ken -

Glad that you're likely to make it. We'll provide alien masks for everyone, but anyone (like Brian's zany crew) who wants to decorate their boat (or themselves) in a more elaborate way is warmly invited to do so.

Brian -

No registration fees are charged by NWCBC to any member who wants to participate, so additional boats are fine as long as they're viewed by the general public as "classic."

Also, yes, we always order extra boat numbers to cover any members who decide late in the game to participate.

- Marty
        http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

We come from France ...

Comment

Originally posted by Tim McCrain, post: 10595

We come from France ...
            DO NOT TRY THEIR BUBBLEGUM!

Comment

Weather Forecast (!)

You're not going to believe this, but the weather forecast for Saturday, May 1 calls for bright sun and 71 degrees (!!), suggesting that the 71 "will feel like 73."

It'll be an INCREDIBLE Opening Day party if we have that kind of weather, since the event is often associated with overcast skies, cold and/or rain.

Hope more of you will consider joining in the fun...

(Let us know soonest!)

- Marty

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Revised Weather Forecast

Wow...they're now saying that the sunny, 71-degree forecast for Opening Day will "feel like 75," not "feel like 73" as they suggested only yesterday. It's getting better every day.

In fact, looking at the 15-day forecast, there's NO RAIN for almost all of next week and into the week following Opening Day, so it appears we're going to have one of the nicest Opening Day Parades in memory, weatherwise.

Today (Thursday) is our deadline to give the sponsoring Seattle Yacht Club our final count on the number of boats in the NWCBC fleet. We'll fudge the number a bit on the high side, in anticipation of a few late-comers, but if you're thinking about participating with your boat, please let us know by this evening.

Thanks!

- Marty

Comment

Comment

opening day

Marty I I'm working at the yacht club all day and will not make it. Thanks JB
                    Jim Brooks

Comment

GEE, 73 is way to hot to do gardening :BigHappy1:

I was going to launch the boat and put it on the lift that day. Maybe I could say I took a wrong turn and ended up in Lake Union.

We will just have to wait and see. :boater1:
                      Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
                      Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Opening Day...

.....Hope you can make it, Jack! More fun than just putting your boat on the lift and going back to the garden.

- Marty

Comment

Hi All,

Well, we are going to miss you this year. Although we managed to get our electrical, battery, engine and depth finder problems fixed in time, and now own a great trailer courtesy of Jim Brooks, I just found out that I will be teaching that weekend. I know you will have some great costumes and I'm sure you will win another award this year! Have a great time - we'll be thinking of you!

Lauryn, Chris and Dylan

Comment

opening day

Sorry I did not get back sooner, Been moving the shop.
                            Any way, My wife and I will be there with the Tabu and as always, ay one who would like to ride along can
                            Jay Giese
                            206-920-2196
                            jay@dmcsidecars.com

Comment

Greg, Glad you at least found a refurbished febelflexer rod ! That sure beats paying around $450.00 on a new one. Nothing like one when you don't have it. Jerry,remind me sometime about it on the Rosario. Chuck
                              1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
                              1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Okay Chuck. I want to know about Rosario's febelflexer rod. Is it bent? Is it about to break? How bad is it? I've been missing what has been going on this past week. Last Sunday, I tossed a ball for our dog and she leaped in the air to catch, came down wrong and damaged her spine. Three vets (including a neurologist in Lynnwood) and $4,000 later and we have her home recovering. She is now walking and we think she'll be okay. So, I know that isn't boat related but it's on my mind more than the bebelflexer rod.
                                Jerry
                                There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Working...
                                X