No announcement yet.

San Juan Islands Adventure, June 5th and 6th

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And how about a cruise to Friday Harbor to help Tim launch the big Skagit? Has a date been set for that yet?
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Hey Lowell

Didn't we do this last year? If the truck is running right i'll be waiting for you off the sling as I'll be launching at Washington Park. Looking forward to boating the Islands with you again!
      ChuckB
      "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Comment

A few differant Islands

Originally posted by ChuckB, post: 11303
        Didn't we do this last year? If the truck is running right i'll be waiting for you off the sling as I'll be launching at Washington Park. Looking forward to boating the Islands with you again!
        ChuckB
        Chuck,
        You have a good memory but we didn't go to Clark Island, and we didn't stop at Sucia to walk some of the trails. This year you said you wanted to visit Patos which would also be differant then last year.
        I think you can visit those Islands everyday and you would see something differant each day. Last year I launched at Skyline Marina this year I will be launching at the Marina in Downtown Ancortes. I'm really looking forward to getting out there again, it will be the first time this year. I think its great that you can come again. Lowell
        1956 Enduracraft Monterey
        1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
        1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

Gearing up,hoping to come....

Hey Lowell,
          Glad you have a new motor to run.....got to wrench on your old Mariner 40 hp last Sat by chance.....so I know you have something hanging back there.
          I`m mounting a new color GPS /Sonar combo unit today in hopes of being ready for boating in new waters.A buddy set me up with his spare 5`` Lowrance 337c but I may need a chip for it to show the real detail potential.Bottom depth was really needed for me to go fishing but the Islands do pose a need for a good Map.
          Hopefully the last real need for the finally dried out Seafair Yellow Submarine.
          Hoping for better weather obviously.
          Tim M
          unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
          15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
          SeaRay 175BR
          Hi-Laker lapline
          14` Trailorboat

Comment

Lowell:
            I was referring to the two of us that had boats out last year, and looking like we'll be the only two again... Just have to make the truck run enough to drag the Sabrecraft. Wish it ran like the Honda...
            ChuckB
            "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Comment

San Juans....Next Year

Sure wish we could make this event, but I'm scheduled to haul-out the 27' Luhrs between June 4 and June 9, so I'll be busy painting and varnishing during the San Juans adventure.

Next year, for sure!

- Marty
              http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Tim the Islands are calling

Originally posted by Tim_Mattson, post: 11318
                Hey Lowell,
                Glad you have a new motor to run.....got to wrench on your old Mariner 40 hp last Sat by chance.....so I know you have something hanging back there.
                I`m mounting a new color GPS /Sonar combo unit today in hopes of being ready for boating in new waters.A buddy set me up with his spare 5`` Lowrance 337c but I may need a chip for it to show the real detail potential.Bottom depth was really needed for me to go fishing but the Islands do pose a need for a good Map.
                Hopefully the last real need for the finally dried out Seafair Yellow Submarine.
                Hoping for better weather obviously.
                Tim M
                Tim, Thank you for introducing me to those guys who bought the 40 hp. I bought a 60 hp 1989 Mercury with power trim. Your right it is well worth the weight to have that feature. I can smooth out the ride some in the white caps.
                I do hope you get everything working on your boat, and yes a chart is very handy to refer too, I hope that everyone who is coming will have one. I carry them even though I've been to that same location many times.
                Hope to see you next weekend. Lowell
                1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
                1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

Darn,

Originally posted by Marty Loken (Norseboater), post: 11322
                  Sure wish we could make this event, but I'm scheduled to haul-out the 27' Luhrs between June 4 and June 9, so I'll be busy painting and varnishing during the San Juans adventure.

Next year, for sure!

- Marty
                  Marty,
                  I hope there is enough interest from the group to go again next year. Lowell
                  1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
                  1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

Chuck,

I thought you were selling that boat, I was wondering if you are bring the new one or do you have a new one yet? If it makes you feel better about your truck running, I can follow you up to Ancortes on Saturday morning.
                    1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
                    1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

Everything is always for sale, sometime more vigorously than others. The 22' boat I was lusting sold to one with $$$ in hand, not a promise. Bedsides, I like the combo i have, just lust after larger craft. May just have to build that Bartender. Any way, after the fuel pump and filters, all new ignition, everything seems to be OK for the tow rig, so barring a hurricane, I'll be launching at Wa. Park.
                      ChuckB

Comment

We keep missing the San Juans event but now that I have our 20 Skagit offshore going back together, you can count on us for next year.
                        Helmar Joe Johanesen
                        1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                        1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                        Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                        2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                        http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Lowell, The San Juans is something I have wanted to do for a long time but it seems like there is always something else planned whenever I have the oppertunity or I get cold feet about it for one reason or another. I'm sorry but this year is no different, hopefully next year will be different.
                          Greg James

Comment

Another "wanna be"

I was hoping to be able to come, but we are very busy enjoying my son's high school graduation events... but the boat is ready... Next time!
                            -Ken

Comment

Lowell, I wanted go, but it's Sheila birthday ( 75th ) on the 6th and i would be killed if i left town and GSG club in California has a meet at Lake Shasta on the 12th that i will not be able to go to as well with the G-3 as it's our only grandson's 1st birthday. Chuck
                              1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
                              1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Originally posted by chuckcarey, post: 11364
                                Lowell, I wanted go, but it's Sheila birthday ( 75th ) on the 6th and i would be killed if i left town and GSG club in California has a meet at Lake Shasta on the 12th that i will not be able to go to as well with the G-3 as it's our only grandson's 1st birthday. Chuck
                                75??:nono1:No way! Are you just messing with us to tease Sheila?

We also won't be able to make this event and we really wanted to. As usual Amanda has to work and the Bellboy isn't ready for it's debut anyway. Hope we can make it next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X