Mason Photos coming.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mason Photos coming.

For you folks that Missed the Mason event, you really missed a good one.
    Must of been at least 24 boats launched and shared rides with all that showed up.

Pictures to follow here and then into the Pictures and Album area soon

Oh yeah, here is Luck.
    I removed my Trailer Plate from my trailer and forgot to put it back on. I towed from Quilcene, up across the Hood Canal bridge, down to Mason and back home.
    NO Ticket, didn't see one cop today..:shocked4:
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Trailer made it in one piece? Glad you made it home safely. It was truly a great day.
    1959 Skagit 20 Offshore inboard

Mike and Judy Kronick

Comment

Originally posted by mikekronick, post: 13815
      Trailer made it in one piece? Glad you made it home safely. It was truly a great day.
      Yep, great day and the trailer made it with a few trips to spare
      Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Few Pictures to start.

Here are just a few pictures to start with.
        Attached Files
        Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

What a great day!

As Joe and Mike said, this was an awesome event! The weather was just a gift, who ever would have thought we would have such a warm beautiful day after what we had in the preceding days.

Everyone had fun giving and getting rides in other's boats, highlights for me were riding in Marty's Skagit to get a preview of how my Bell Boy I/O project will sound, a ride in John Nelson's Uniflite for a preview of how it will jar my fillings out, and a ride in Gordon's Carlson Contender for a review of my life as it flashed before my eyes! (just kidding Gordon, that was aaawwwsome!)

My grandson Kristopher had a ball going for rides, after the Point Defiance event and this one, he's been seriously bitten by the boat bug and was overheard planning what he would do with the Sabrecraft when I was "too old to drive it anymore". When I pointed out that he had a pretty long wait as Richard was 30 years older than me and still boating, he added 30 to his 11 years and decided he didn't want to wait that long! Besides, after riding with Gordon I think he's now a "little boat big motor" guy and the Sabrecraft with a Homelite isn't going to flip his switch.

And Homelites! Wow, I've never seen five running Homelites in one place. Ross Henson, Mark Maguire, Dick Dow, Helmar and I were all 4 Cyclin' around the lake. Too bad we didn't think to get a photo with them all side by side in the water, that would have been a rare sight.

Another highlight was being on hand as Marty, our Membership Secretary, presented Thom Adams (Dr. Frankenmerc) with a personalized NWCBC Frankenmug in appreciation for arranging the use of the Simpson employee rec area for the event, and also with an honorary membership in NWCBC for his selfless habit of showing up at events and spending half (at least) of his time working on other's motors. He once even touched an OMC product!

The raffle was fun, a couple of folks even had more than one winning ticket due to their generosity when purchasing tickets. A big Thank You to everyone for making the raffle a success and adding to the club's treasury! (and Cheryl, the mousepads are available in the club store for a very reasonable price! :BigWink1 Speaking of the club store, just a reminder to members that any of our products are available with custom designs and personalization at no extra charge, just send me a PM or email if you're interested.

Thanks to everyone for a really great event, it was good to see all of you, both familiar faces, those I don't get to see enough and some new ones. Thanks for making this club what Marty described best as "Good Boats, Great Friends". Hope to see you all at our annual meeting!

Tim

Here's a few photos, more in the Mason Lake 2010 event gallery
          Attached Files

Comment

Mason Lakek Photos

Yes, Mason Lake was amazing--the Simpson Recreation Park as a facility, the weather, the great friends and terrific boats. We counted 23 boat in the water, not including Lauryn's inflatable kayak or the gorgeous Bell Boy Banshee in the parking lot, behind the color-matched '55 Chev Bel Air, and about 40 folks who attended.

Thom Adams says we can come back to the Simpson property in the future...and next year we should be able to secure a date that's earlier in the boating season, so we don't have to roll the weather dice quite the way we did this weekend.

This year's Mason Lake gathering reminded me of our best Lake Whatcom events (before they banned use of two-stroke engines on that beautiful lake), in terms of the number of boats, enthusiasm, ride-sharing, potluck and variety of boats present. (In fact, the first photo posted below might remind some members of earlier Lake Whatcom gatherings.)

Thanks again to Thom for helping secure use of the Simpson park, and to incoming Commodore Tim McCrain for putting together the raffle. We'll be back, and perhaps this will become one of NWCBC's "anchor" events in future years, now that we have such a spectacular venue to enjoy.

- Marty
            Attached Files
            http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

More Mason Lake Photos...

...And here are some more shots from yesterday's great event.

- Marty
              Attached Files
              http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Wow, what a great day! The mad rush to make this one was soooo worth it. A great day on the lake with a bunch of very nice people. Thanks again to Thom for his help securing the park!

Mark
                Silverdale, WA.
                1956 BellBoy Express 16

Comment

Excellent outing. Ditto everything already said.

Tim, that's a great shot of your grandson and Gordon. They both have their shades on leaning into the turn, and smiling the whole way. I love it. You need to frame that one for him. His switch was definitely flicked on that ride. Way to go Gordon.

Marty, great group photo that Less took. I noticed everybody had their 3D glasses on, but no reported sighting of the Greg Lamb crew. Okay Greg, let's hear the story.
                  Steve Kiesel
                  1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Great day on the water!

Wow what a great outing!!! Cheryl and I had a super time. I hope the kids I gave a ride to (both young and old) had as much fun as I did!:Bigdriving1: My wife however, doesn't define her ride as such.:Scared1: Good food and company. I really liked the Parmesan chicken. Thanks to Marty and Thom for getting it done. Here are some photos.
                    Attached Files
                    Gordon and Cheryl Davies

Comment

Hi All,

Hard to believe that anyone would show up boatless in the midst of this hip group of even hipper classic boat aficionados...but we dared to show up with our back up unit (classic west marine inflatable kayak circa sometime in the..uhhmm...recent decade..) and still had a blast. Well there you go with that great people boat great people theme, it's a fact!

The other classic unit ( aside form the Kayak) still remains hospitalized with unspecified solenoid and gas leak injuries. We have an appointment with Dr, Norm (at his convenience) and in the meantime she is looking quite sweet on our lawn.

Thanks again for another stellar gathering and thanks to all of you for the rides! Hey Gordon, how come Dylan isn't scared of your boat....did you have some kind of flight attendant serving candy on that first class lightning fast ride?

I wonder....

Comment

Mason Lake

Had a blast at Mason lake after being a bit turned around on the way there. My wacky brother in law and I had a good laugh as the Mapquest map as well as the Garmin device he had seemed determind to keep us away from this event... I'm sure it was some sort of operater abuse on somthing like that.
                        As the fog lifted we found ourselves on Mason for a great cruise around the intire lake then some "boat chat" with other members both on and off the water. We enjoyed the pot luck and the mouse pad I was lucky enough to win at the raffle is really cool! Thanks Lots!
                        Bro in law, Les Boland took a bunch of Pics here are some in no order... - Ross
                        Attached Files
                        Ross Henson

Comment

Steve - Yes, I've already printed a 13 x 19 enlargement of that photo for Kristopher, it will make it onto his bedroom wall for sure. Those shots were taken so fast I didn't realize I had it until I got home, I was really happy when I saw it.

Gordon - Yep, both of the kids that arrived in my truck had a blast! Thanks for the rides!

Kristopher had a great time, thanks to everyone who gave him a ride and treated him as if he was their grandson too. I feel very fortunate to belong to this group. :BigHappy1:

Tim

Comment

Wheres SLO-MO?

Sitting way over here on the East side, only watching from the sidelines, I keep hearing from and about this "Greg Lamb" (work-release) guy. I have been waiting to see his jet machine..At this point I think he doesnt exist..
                            Like the J.D salingers of the boat world...Or he's somebodys alter ego?..I dont know, but I guess I check back next spring to see if he is fact or fiction...
                            I no longer have my flying carpet, she was sold..Going back to school full time, after 35 yrs. for the next 2 years, this quarter and the next quarters 3 at 20 credits each...For her own good I gave her a new home...it was for the best, ( for her). I took 10 credits this summer quarter and splashed her only 1 time...very sad...
                            Keep yer eyes open she may appear in salt water for the first time in her pampered life...and keep a open mind for slo-mo...
                            Tim and his wonder dog Jack....

Comment

Working...
                            X