No announcement yet.

Blake Island--June 11 (!)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems that in the designated trailer lot, up to four nights is allowed. $10 a night for parking: http://www.seattle.gov/parks/boats/motorized.htm#annual

Comment

You can still park o the street at Shilshoal, though it is not as secure, don't know about W Sea.
      "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Comment

West Seattle- that must be the Don Armeni ramp:

By private motor boat
        Most power boats coming from the Seattle area launch from the Don Armeni Boat Ramp and Viewpoint, at 1222 Harbor S.W., which sits at the tip of Duwamish Head, at the mouth of Elliot Bay. An attractive launch point that faces the Seattle Center skyline, it is an immensely popular location. Caution is advised when negotiating ferry channels. A fee machine is on site, which is closed after 11 p.m. Other launch points include Eagle Harbor and Fort Ward State Park on Bainbridge Island. Moorage rental is available and is first-come, first-serve, year round.

Above info found here.

Comment

Count me in !

Looks like I'll make it this Sat. Here again Chuck - Can I meet you at Wal Mart ? Give me a time to be there ? I'm going to spend the night and come back Sunday .
          Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

A month old report that a number of west side buoys on Blake Island are missing:

" Margo Myers said: On May 2, 2011
            This is interesting, since we were just over at Blake yesterday and counted only about 6-7 buoys on the back (west) side of the island. It seemed there used to be many more. There were 4 on the northeast corner. We wondered what happened to all of them, so thanks for the article! "

Source: Three Sheets Northwest

Comment

I will be there. Tim McCraine and I will launch at Edmonds on Friday at 8 a.m. and cruz down to the Seattle water front, Harbour Island, Alki and across to Blake Island. Hopefully we will arrive at Blake early enough to get births. I will stay on the boat Friday night and go around to meet everybody on Saturday. Tim and Brendon will camp on shore. See you all there.
              Greg James

Comment

Race to the Starting Line

We're scrambling to get our boat functional--not to say restored, just ready to float and hopefully move under its own power--in time for Saturday's Blake Island event. I think the '58 Bell Boy 16' Express will make it...but it'll be close, and as always our main focus is on customers' boats. (Be prepared to see a raw work-in-progress.)

So far we've replaced some bottom frames, reglassed others that had separated from the hull, replaced the cockpit floor, built a forepeak berth and half-bulkhead to support the helm, rebuilt the upper windshield with new Lexan...and last night we bolted on the motor. Between now and Friday I'm hoping we can hook up controls, install a tank, fuel line, vent, add fresh rubrail, boat numbers, stern-cockpit seats, helm seats and maybe even wash some of the filth off of the old girl. Paint, buffing of the fogged cabin windows and many other 'extras' will have to wait until later!

Our hope is to launch around 11 to 11:30 a.m. at the Winslow ramp (Eagle Harbor, Bainbridge Island) and make the run south to Blake Island. Will hope to see everyone at the northwest-corner beach by 1 p.m.

- Marty and Mo :boater1:
                Attached Files
                http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Same trailer ?

That looks like the same trailer I have under the "Falls Flyer " Looks like the same guy painted it also !
                  Attached Files
                  Rick & Sarah

Comment

What a great classic Marty. Cant wait to see it on the water whatever the state of restoration!
                    Kent & Diane
                    '58 Westerner

Comment

Marty, See you there ! Best,Chuck
                      1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
                      1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Tee Nee Trailer

Rick -

Judging by how thin and faded the paint is on my old Tee Nee, I don't think it's ever been repainted since leaving the factory in '58.

- Marty
                        http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Marty, Dan and i along with Rick Love with his boat will be coming down out of Everett at about 9:30 am. We will keep a lookout for you at the Winslow harbor. Best,Chuck

Comment

Tee Nee Trailer

Mine was painted with a large house paint brush ? Pretty thick sloppy. I'm in the process of taking it apart and having it sandblasted then paint it Yellow. Bought some fender extensions with lights and a few other assorted parts - Never done a trailer Screwy1 Got some good pictures from Del VanEmerick and some good advice .

So as not to steal the thread, I'll be leaving Sat. with Chuck - See you Sat. afternoon , I plan to spend the night .
                            Attached Files
                            Rick & Sarah

Comment

Originally posted by chuckcarey, post: 17666
                              Marty, Dan and i along with Rick Love with his boat will be coming down out of Everett at about 9:30 am. We will keep a lookout for you at the Winslow harbor. Best,Chuck
                              Depending on how well the fuel flow meter installation and button up goes I'll see you in Everett.
                              ChuckB
                              "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Comment

Chuck, Try to make it. Chuck

Comment

Working...
                                X