• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marty ok, That will be fine. Best,Chuck
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

We plan to camp at Joemma on Friday night. I'll probably launch on Friday and moor the boat at the dock overnight due to the minus tide on Sat morning. With the incoming tide, the ramp should be in good shape again by 10:00 AM or so.
      Is there anyone else planning on camping overnight?
      Another option for people coming just for the day, would be to launch at Zittles Marina at Johnsons Point. They have a nice launch and boarding dock. Joemma ramp does not have a boarding dock.
      Jack Leslie
      1948 Sande launch
      1962 Stiletto

Comment

Marty, Sorry we can't make it. Genevieve is getting married on the 28th.
        Greg James

Comment

Here's a map of Joemma Beach State Park. Chuck
          Attached Files

Comment

If there is a minus tide Saturday morning. The dock at Zittles will be high and dry. Been there, tried that. They do have a sling though.

I was going to try and make this one. My wife has a High School get together on Saturday. But my Johnson isn't up to the trip. So I'm going to stay home and go kill some Kokanee at Wickiup with the other boat. :fishing:
            Steve Kiesel
            1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

We'll be taking part in the South Sound trip this year, weather permitting. If it looks marginal we'll trailer down and take a look. Bringing the 20' Skagit, and two passengers, at least. Hoping to trailer and launch with Chuck and his crew with an eye on the low tide issues for a morning launch.
              My recollection of the Joemma launch is that there's a monstrous long ramp(shallow angle) when tide is super low, with a considerable distance from ramp to dingy dock. May have changed since that time.
              Hoping for great weather, great cruising fun !

bruceb

Comment

Tides, South Sound

As others have pointed out, launching early on Saturday will be a challenge, and there isn't a float alongside the Joemma Beach State Park ramp...although folks should find room to tie up at the end of the adjoining pier.

At Joemma, Saturday's low tide will be -0'-9" at 8 a.m., followed by a high tide of 11'-8" at 3:38 p.m. By 11:30 a.m. on Saturday, the Joemma ramp should have about 5 feet of water...enough for comfortable launching (for most boats).

Here's a link to the Joemma Beach State Park website:

http://www.parks.wa.gov/parks/?selec...ch&subject=all

- Marty
                http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

South Sound Cruise

If everything goes as planned, i'll be in South Sound Saturday. May leave tonight or more likely early tomorrow morning. Hope to see you all there.....
                  McSkagit
                  Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

I hope that all of you have a fantastic trip! Looks like weather will be on your side.
                    17' Johnson Runabout (1964) Completed
                    18' GlassCraft Imperial (1959) Done!
                    19' Campion Bowrider (1999) Great family ski/tow boat
                    25' Skagit (1960) Two of them. What am I thinking?
                    14' Axtell Aquacraft (1950ish)
                    14' Stilleto

Comment

VHF Channel?

What VHF channel does everyone monitor? I'll probably be on 09.
                      Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Tim, Channel 69. Chuck

Comment

Allan and Sue

Sue and Allan will be launching at Swantown Marina, Port of Olympia at 10 am. We will monitor channel 69. Our cell number is 360.701.2588. Looking forward to seeing all who make the event.
                          1958 Dorsett Farallon
                          1959 Bellboy Ballerina

Comment

Allan & Sue, BruceB and my sons and I should be there by about 11:00-11:30 am Chuck
                            Attached Files

Comment

Merc a No-Go

I've been trying to get the Merc 40hp four-stroke going for the past two weeks, and officially gave up today, taking it to Westside Marine in Port Townsend to be repaired. (The 2000 model was given to us by our ailing brother-in-law, along with his '57 Glasspar boat, but Jerry hadn't run the engine for a few years and the carbs appear to need more than a superficial cleaning. The engine might need a few other things, but in any case we won't be attending South Sound since the Glasspar is our only outboard trailer boat.)

I thought briefly about taking a small sailboat, but then we'd be drifting near the ramp while everyone else was rocketing around the islands. Chuck offered to give me a ride--much appreciated--but I think we'll drag 'keen junk' to a local community-wide yard sale tomorrow, to raise some quick cash for the Merc 40 repair. (Last time Jerry had the carbs rebuilt and other basic service work done to the engine, the bill was close to $700...an amount that isn't a happy-maker in these challenging times.)

So, sorry we'll miss the event, but hopefully the weather will be sterling and everyone will have a great time!

- Marty
                              http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Marty-
                                hope you can make it on another outing soon. I almost had to cancel due to trailer light issues, and have mounted a temporary set of clamp on lights. The corrosion issues are catching up on the old trailer, and it's lights.
                                Looking forward to good weather tomorrow !
                                bruceb

Comment

Working...
                                X