• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Melanie , Are you not bring a boat? Chuck
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Opening day

I'm doin' my best to get Ol' Midnight ready but she's a fightin' me ever step o' the way. I've rounded up the stray parts and just need to get em corraled and harnessed up. Ok, enough of that.. Hope to be there.
      1959 Skagit 20 Offshore inboard

Mike and Judy Kronick

Comment

I'm unable to attend. Ran into problems installing the new gas tank, started working on my new dock and life got in the way.

There's always next year!

Karl
        17' Johnson Runabout (1964) Completed
        18' GlassCraft Imperial (1959) Done!
        19' Campion Bowrider (1999) Great family ski/tow boat
        25' Skagit (1960) Two of them. What am I thinking?
        14' Axtell Aquacraft (1950ish)
        14' Stilleto

Comment

Cole and I went and watched the year prior to FGNW making the first run through. If you are attending by land to watch, I highly recommend parking in the South Husky Stadium parking lot and sitting directly across from the SYC judging commitee boats. Just take I-5 to 520 and take the Montlake exit. As soon as you cross the Montlake bridge, turn into the parking lot in the shadow of the stadium. If you are not there early (9:00 or so) the Montlake bridge is open and you will have to go around. The most direct is take the 45th street exit off I-5 and head East until you get to Montlake Blvd, then turn right and go about .5 miles then a left into the parking area. It is only about 200 yards to the edge of the cut. If you are there early, you can sit right on the concrete wall of the cut and dangle your feet over the edge. Very fun to watch some of the clubs as well as the formallity of the SYC officers. The Stewards seamanship team is also amazing to watch. Picture 6-8 fifty foot ships doing dougnuts in the middle of the cut (on purpose!)

Also, post here if you would like to go on the parade, but are boatless. I know that I will have room for a couple on my Tolly. I am going to launch at Magnusson (Sandpoint) around 8:00. There will be several others that will have some additional space and love to have some extra hands on deck!
          BRIAN FRANCHINI
          LAKE TAPPS, WA.

Comment

Chuck, I've come down with the flu but still plan to be there with the Skagit and would welcome Ken aboard to share the day with us. We are still rookies ourselves and feel other more experienced captains would be a better choice to answer questions and tips for Ken . Also the plan for us is to participate in the parade and head for the trailer as we are scheduled to hang the engine on the Stiletto with Bill R the following day. I probubly should have included this in my original post.
            1958 Skagit 20 Offshore hardtop cruiser "Kanigo"

Comment

I will be there, leaving from the yacht club. Jim Brooks
              Jim Brooks

Comment

Opening Day Parade

Originally posted by Nomad55, post: 2677
                Chuck, I've come down with the flu but still plan to be there with the Skagit and would welcome Ken aboard to share the day with us. We are still rookies ourselves and feel other more experienced captains would be a better choice to answer questions and tips for Ken . Also the plan for us is to participate in the parade and head for the trailer as we are scheduled to hang the engine on the Stiletto with Bill R the following day. I probably should have included this in my original post.
                Melanie.
                There is NO skill required for this. Its putt putt putt and not bumping into anyone. Follow the Leader is about the only skill you will need.

Sorry but I am not towing down to Shelton and back up to Seattle due to the hood Canal bridge being closed.
                Taking two ferries from Port Townsend is not an option for me either.

Next year, I should have the 59 Offshore back in the water for sure and will just launch from Kingston or south and head for the locks.
                Helmar Joe Johanesen
                1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Melanie.
                  There is NO skill required for this. Its putt putt putt and not bumping into anyone. Follow the Leader is about the only skill you will need.

Joe that was not the issue,Ken in an earlier post was asking about place to go boating. We have been to one event,Mason Lake and we putted around Sandy Point a couple days and put the boat away for the season. I thought someone more familiar with the area would be a better choice, nothing more unless you include a nasty case of the flu. Plus as soon as we make it through the cut we will be making a bee line to the trailer and Ken may wish to hang around a chat with a few members. Hope that clears things up a bit. We'd welcome anyone a board.

Melanie
                  1958 Skagit 20 Offshore hardtop cruiser "Kanigo"

Comment

Count me out- sorry.

For several reasons, I'll be a no-show again this year. No gas money, No tow vehicle, No time to get the boat ready, and now, no time; gotta work tomorrow .

The Cap'n
                    "The beatings will continue until moral improves..."

Pat Drewery

Comment

Working...
                    X