Who's Coming to Opening Day?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More details please.........

....like what time do we need to be in the water,read, what time will I need to drag my sorry butt out of bed? Best boat ramps,read easiest, to acess? And what time does the festivities generally peter out? Thanks
    1958 Skagit 20 Offshore hardtop cruiser "Kanigo"

Comment

Melanie , You and Mary have to come ! What boat will you be bring. Marty will fill you in. Best,Chuck
      1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
      1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

We will be bringing OUR Skagit 17. You caught me looking into hotels to book on Friday night,any suggestions?

Comment

Launch Friday evening, cruise the log boom parties and then sleep in the boat tied up at the Hooters dock! Really, if you launch at the 14th street public launch in Ballard, you don't need to be in the water until around noon. But, you will have to wait until after the parade before the cut opens back up (4:00 or so)to get back to your trailer. I like to launch at Magnusson park around 7:30-8:00 and then motor through the cut prior to the crew races and hang out all day in Lake Union. If you are not through by 9:00 (I think, Marty can verify) then you won't make it at all that day. The advantage is once the parade is over, you can go directly back to the trailer and head out.
          BRIAN FRANCHINI
          LAKE TAPPS, WA.

Comment

Thanks Brian. 7:30 sounds doable. I have no desire to party or be near those who are,I need all the beauty sleep I can get.

Comment

Sarah and I will be in Kirkland on Friday and will meet up with club members on Sat. What suggestions do you have for us to meet Sat. What time and where, coming across the lake . We are first timers to this??
              Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

Opening Day...

Rick -

You need to get through the Montlake Cut (next to Husky Stadium) by not a minute later than 9:30 a.m. westbound, or you won't be in the parade. (They close the Cut then to start the crew races and later the parade itself.)

Go through Portage Bay, into Lake Union, and run down to the southwest corner of Lake Union...just beyond Kenmore Air's dock. You'll find us there at between 10:30 and 11 a.m.

If you have questions that morning, give me a buzz on the cell, (360) 301-6737.

- Marty
                http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Oh yeah!!!

After several weeks of hard work and a lot help from friends and family. (Special thanks to Gordon and Sheryl).

The Havoc is finally ready for a post slough run damage, test flight Tomorrow, if everything goes smoothly we will be there next weekend with the motor looking and running better than ever before.

As usual our group seems to be continuously shrinking, but I still have at least 2 volunteers who will be riding on inflatables dressed as indian warriors with headdresses. and at least two people in the boat dressed in authentic western ware.
                  Attached Files
                  Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
                  1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

After spending all weekend at the ACBS "Wet Edge" held at the Center for Wooden Boats, I got to scope out the area pretty well. The little cove area that we normally meet in is closed off for construction. But, the new sea wall is installed and open in front of the Armory building. Just bring some fenders as the wall is concrete and pretty tall for our little boats (there is a black rubber bumper the whole length). For those that have never met in this area, go to the furthest Southern tip of Lake Union. Kenmore Air will be on your starboard (right) side, watch the air, they will land ON you. The Armory building is a large two story concrete building that has several tugs and old fireboats tied in front of it. The new sea wall is just to the right of these boats. Further to Port, you will see the Center for Wooden Boats and all the way to port is the Hooters public dock. See everyone there!
                    BRIAN FRANCHINI
                    LAKE TAPPS, WA.

Comment

I will be there and will have brama bull horns adorning my Skagit. Also, I believe Jeff Ault will be there as well. I do have an extra boat, the 1965 Fiberform, if anyone wants to borrow it.

Greg Jr.

Comment

We will be there with one boat. We will launch at Magnuson at about 7a.
                        Greg James

Comment

Marty I wish I could be ther with my Skagit but as it will still be in the shop (and most likely in more than 1 piece), I'll have to decline this yr.

Maybe next if I still own the boat. I actuall haven't made the final decision to restore or replace yet.

Terry B.
                          Terry Baker - Oak Harbor

1959 Skagit 20 Offshore

Comment

Opening Day

Originally posted by Nomad55, post: 2500
                            Thanks Brian. 7:30 sounds doable. I have no desire to party or be near those who are,I need all the beauty sleep I can get.
                            I'm afraid beauty sleep doesn't help me- I always wind up looking the same!

Pulled the '68 Larson home from the "storage yard" today, IF I get enough time after work this week (and come up with money for gas, title & tags on my truck, battery for the boat, etc...etc...) I'll be there Saturday. Won't be all shiny & nice, but I'll be there. So far the only member I've met in person is Lon (Straycat). I have to meet the rest of you SOMEtime...

The Cap'n
                            Attached Files
                            "The beatings will continue until moral improves..."

Pat Drewery

Comment

I am out this year. To much to fix in a short time and way to much to learn about the what to do and where to go for such a new member. I need to get a map of the area, hit these areas over the summer to become acquinted with them and be ready for next year.

So where is a good place to watch from land, never been to opening day festivities..

Comment

So where is a good place to watch from land, never been to opening day festivities

From someone elses boat Ken. I'm sure someone will pipe up with an offer and you will get to know the area. NO excuses not to be there on the water..

Comment

Working...
                                X