Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Apr 19, 2014] Shakedown Cruise (Seattle, WA)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GregJ, post: 26863, member: 58
    Joe, There is no problem replying with my cell now. I'll check the lap top a little later.
    Joe, can reply on cell, can't on computers.
    Greg James

Comment

This is a test
      Greg James

Comment

Greg,
        This sounds like fun not sure where I will start, but I plan on attending. I took the grey tarp off the motor and let all 60 horses go for a 20 minute run last week. Lowell
        1956 Enduracraft Monterey
        1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
        1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

Sorry guys, for some reason, this did not show up on my Alerts to notify me...

Getting closer guys and we need event leaders...

Greg, I will get his written up and on the Website's calendar of events.
          (That is separate from the Forum)

Also, this thread shows up by clicking on Events in the forum too..
          Helmar Joe Johanesen
          1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
          1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
          Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
          2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
          http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Nearly a month out...pressure is on to get my boat ready for this trip!

Comment

Kelly, I'm happy to hear that your trying to get ready for this event. Last year we ended up with six boats and we had a good time. We launched at the ramp in Renton which is fairly expensive ($20) so I thought we would launch at Magnuson to save a little money. Some people don't like Magnuson because it is a little shallow but I've never had any problems there. People with a deep vee haul might have problems getting launched but most of our boats with there flat hauls don't have that problem. I plan on being out for as long as I can because I'm in the middle of getting break in time on my lower unit. We will decide on our float plan at the dock meeting before we leave. Hope you can make it.
              Greg James

Comment

Hmm, maybe I'll put in at Seward Park and motor up to Magnuson. I'll check out the website and see.

Comment

Greg, I really want to make this (really I have to) cause this is about a month before opening day and it is always a great way to shakeout issues before the big parade day... I would launch at Magnuson, even though I am one of those people who has had trouble there (some might remember my copilot falling off the bow trying to get boat on trailer, that cost me a $200 smart phone!)
                  Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
                  1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Brian, I hope to be there and in the water early so I can help people launch if they need me. Hope to see you there.
                    Greg James

Comment

Chuck had a problem launching there as well. The boat wouldn't come off the trailer.

Sorry Chuck, I couldn't resist.
                      Steve Kiesel
                      1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Yea,Yea,Yea. That was something else. Here's the picture ! We won't say why. Hummmm[ATTACH]15456[/ATTACH]
                        Attached Files
                        1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
                        1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Do I see straps on the back? Good looking boat though..
                          Nice Skeeter in the other lane too!

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly, post: 27441, member: 2323
                            Do I see straps on the back? Good looking boat though..
                            Nice Skeeter in the other lane too!

Straps ? what straps...it was one of those days. Here's a better picture of her with my son and i at the Northend of Bainbridge Island in 2009. She is now in Connecticut. Miss her. Hell, I miss them all ![ATTACH]15457[/ATTACH]
                            Attached Files
                            1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
                            1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

We've all had those days...if you haven't, you will eventually. It's kinda like motorcycle riders; there are two kinds of riders, those that have laid a bike down, and those that will.

Comment

Well after looking at that pic above of the launch, it doesn't look like it would be too much of a problem. I'll probably end up launching with everybody if I make it.

Comment

Working...
                                X