Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Apr 19, 2014] Shakedown Cruise (Seattle, WA)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kelly, post: 27444, member: 2323
    We've all had those days...if you haven't, you will eventually. It's kinda like motorcycle riders; there are two kinds of riders, those that have laid a bike down, and those that will.
    Forget to take the straps off- no big problem. Forget to put the plug in- no big problem if you're observant or have a good pump. Forget to pull your trailer out of the water until you're half way from Shilshole to Bainbridge- big problem. Luckily the tide was going out when I tried it. I felt a little stupid when I got back to the dock, though.

Comment

I have to say that made me laugh out loud. I haven't heard that one before...

Comment

Kelly, You shouldn't have any problems launching the boat you have pictured. Usually it's the guys with the 25 ftrs. with a deep vee.
        Greg James

Comment

nearly a week away... I took some time off of work to get the boat ready but then came down with a cold that's kicking my butt. I hope to get some work done before this event but all in all, we should be there regardless of how far I get with the boat. Safety first, appearance later.

Comment

Kelly, Looking forward to seeing you. Safety always first and appearance doesn't matter.
            Greg James

Comment

I just got the boat mostly ready for this... I am flying to Charlotte for work this week but should be able to finish the boat Friday.
              The only situation that would result in me not being there would be weather too crummy to have Declan with me - and grandma not being available to watch him.. Ideally the weather will be such that I can bring him with me!! I will find out tomorrow if grandma is available as my plan-B...
              Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
              1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Brian, So far three different weather services are saying the weather should be partly cloudy, 64 deg. no rain. For the last 15 yrs. it has seemed anytime we have an event the weather cooperates. This is starting to look like a really good event. So far we have you, Lowell, Kelly, Bruce and his son Toby and I coming with boats. Chuck is coming with me and Tim Matson might show up and ride with me also.
                Greg James

Comment

Hello Greg
                  At Chinooks , the dock master will assign addition spots for the group. U can reach him on Ch 16
                  then reassign . Also a fast food on the East side of the bldg now . Limited docking space at CWB .
                  Ingvar - the Swedster
                  Ingvar (Swedster) Carlson

Comment

Thanks Ingvar.
                    Greg James

Comment

Hello Greg
                      Kelcey Johnson will join U . He has several boats . Will be at the lauch ramp 10 am
                      Ingvar
                      Ingvar (Swedster) Carlson

Comment

As of right now my family will join me, rain or shine. There will be 4 of us in our boat

Comment

We are not getting enough pictures of the events. We need everyone to remember to take your camera's and use them please...

Helmar Joe Johanesen
                          1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                          1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                          Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                          2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                          http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

All you guys tend to be incurable optimists. Being more of a scientific type I tend to look at the data. Here is part of the reason I haven't been able to work on my boat and now I can't get my tractor started, which takes a little priority because I need to mow pastures.

[ATTACH]15569[/ATTACH]
                            Attached Files
                            Dave

14 Skagit Sportster Blue (formerly red)
                            16 Skagit Skimaster (blue)
                            17 Skagit

18 Skagit Runabout (1961?)

Comment

Dave, if you're gonna own a runabout in the Northwest you either have to have canvas or if you're a purist like me, you learn to enjoy boating in raingear. If we only used our boats in nice weather we probably wouldn't even burn a full tank of fuel in a year... That being said, I understand if some people back out due to the weather... I have a contingency plan for Declan so no matter what the weather my two friends and I will be at the Magnussen ramp around 10.
                              Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
                              1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Good to hear you'll make it! The more the better right? I just watched the morning report and as of right now it shows P.M. showers only. Dry Friday into Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                                X