LaConner show

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Niiice

Looks nice, Chuck. Except you forgot the sock for the control lever, it looks pretty naked, and might get dirty when towing. Is it on the way?

Comment

Becky and I will trailer down the Larson Sea Lion. Should be able to get there before 10 a.m. Saturday. The Skagit won't be out of the shop where the cover is being made in time or we'd come down by water with it.
      There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Oh, yah, where in LaConner are the trailer boat parked? Did understand I can register when I arrive. Got a computer problem so can't print the form and perhaps it would arrive too late if mailed tomorrow anyway.
        There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Lil Ms Pegasus will be there. It's a work in progress although I think she will even float at this stage. We still don't know who built her.

Hooking up the new trailer lights....tow vehicle is Marty's old Suburban (runs like new!)
          Attached Files

Comment

Clean look'in boat...

Comment

Tim, I already have been thinking about that getting it dirty part on the way. Will bring a towel and wash bucket.

Jerry, It;s on First street. Chuck
              1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
              1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Originally posted by strobee, post: 5518
                The show is Saturday. Will start parking boats around 7 in the morning. Cost is $15 per person. Enter as many boats as you want for $15. Hoping to have a display of Skagits and of Dorsetts. All boats are welcome. I am planning on bringing my Anthony with the rotten stringers. This is not a judged show, but a show to show off our hobby. Will post directions later. Please start telling me if you are coming to help with the plans. Register the day of the show. Clint
                Clint, I plan to show up SAT am with my Thompson. I hope some other wooden boat guys show up. I plan on leaving the boat on it's trailer . Probably can't get there til 9;30 or ten.

Richard
                woodenboatfogey

Comment

There will be other trailer wood boats plus lots of big wood boats in the water. Glad you are coming. Clint

Comment

Regrets

Clint, I'm really sorry but there is no way we're going to get Welike in any kind of shape for the show tomorrow. I've made a commitment to meet my brother and his family for a boat trip up in the San Juans starting Wednesday and if I don't spend every available minute on the Welike floor replacement we won't make it. We'll try to stop by the show for a while and say hello.
                    scottmcdade

Comment

Originally posted by strobee, post: 5683
                      There will be other trailer wood boats plus lots of big wood boats in the water. Glad you are coming. Clint
                      Sorry we had to miss this Clint, got people coming in this morning for delivery.

Anyway, take plenty of pictures as our new album program should be on line soon and we can showcase the whole LaConner event
                      Helmar Joe Johanesen
                      1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                      1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                      Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                      2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                      http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Ric;
                        The best of the bunch are those of ChuckC showing the 3 Coastie Aux's all about Chippewa while under "Boat Safety Inspection". Even Shiela laughed!
                        ChuckB
                        "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Comment

yeah...I really liked the one where he looks like he's on his knees surrounded...looked more like an interrogation...

;-p

...Ric
                          '59 19' Glasspar Club Mariner (for sale)
                          '63 17' OMC Deluxe (My current lust boat)
                          '65 16' Evinrude Sweet 16 (for sale)

Comment

Geez Ric, how did I miss you? I was there for about five hours and didn't see ya!

Comment

sorry we missed you...

we were there from noon till about 230-3p...mostly at the boats...though my wife did pick out a few tow vehicles for her DelMar...a BelAire, a vette, and a few other exotics

I have a feeling giving her that boat is going to cost me...big time

;-p
                              '59 19' Glasspar Club Mariner (for sale)
                              '63 17' OMC Deluxe (My current lust boat)
                              '65 16' Evinrude Sweet 16 (for sale)

Comment

Few more pictures from the Show. I did have some of Rick & Sarah Love fleet, but something went wrong with the camera...sorry. Sorry about the line up of boats as some locals did not remove there Cars & Trucks before the show. Chuck

P.S. And yes i pass the test ( i knew i would ) and then some. Joe ,The CG Aux's were very impressed with your wiring system and the wiring book with the all of the photo's and they liked all of the Extra flares,Type IV 's, First Aid kits, Oil spill cloths , etc .
                                Attached Files
                                1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
                                1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Working...
                                X