Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restaurants

Tom -

I don't have a list or exact recommendations, but there are several decent restaurants in Poulsbo and Winslow. In Poulsbo, I'd wander down to the waterfront section (old town), where you'll find some options Friday evening. Of course, there's the famous bakery in Poulsbo, on the main street down by the water, if you want goodies early Saturday.

In Winslow (Bainbridge/Eagle Harbor), just wander up and down the main street where you'll find some restaurant options, expresso cafes, etc. Lots of choices in the general neighborhood.

- Marty
    http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Tom, Poulsbo has some good places to eat down by the waterfront. Bainbridge ( Winslow ) Have some as well. Just drive along the main street and you will see some. Chuck
      1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
      1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Roll Call for Round Bainbridge Event

Who all is coming to this event?
        Helmar Joe Johanesen
        1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
        1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
        Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
        2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
        http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Lady Clipper Coming

Joe -

I'll meet you at the Hood Canal Bridge at 8:30 a.m. Saturday...okay?

- Marty

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Joe, son & I. Chuck

Comment

Weather Forecast for Saturday

I just checked the marine forecast and also Accu-Weather for the Seattle-Bainbridge area, and the great news is that we won't have strong winds to contend with. According to the forecasts, winds should only be in the 4 to 8 mph range all day.

Temperatures should get up to 72, from a low in the morning of about 59. We could have a light rain at about 10 a.m., and maybe another shower around 3 p.m., but the rest of the day will be partly sunny according to the forecasters.

We'll all plan to meet in Eagle Harbor, just beyond the ferry terminal, between 10-10:30 a.m., heading south to Blake Island at 10:30. If you can't quite get to Winslow by 10:30, just follow the Bainbridge shoreline south and we'll see you at Blake Island, on the beach near the northwest tip of the island (just around the corner on the west side).

Please plan to bring a light anchor and line, so that you can secure your boat on the beaches of Blake Island and, later, Miller Bay. We'll hang out at Blake Island long enough for some members to hike the island's beautiful perimeter trail, and we might share sack lunches on the beach before heading up the west side of Bainbridge, through Agate Pass and into Miller Bay. (We'll have an incoming tide almost all day, so you won't have to worry about stranding your boat on one of the beaches.)

Joe and I will launch our boats at the Winslow ramp by about 10 a.m.

If anybody has questions on Saturday, buzz my cell phone, (360) 301-6737. As always, we'll monitor Channel 69 on the VHF once we're on the water.

- Marty

Comment

Originally posted by Marty Loken (Norseboater), post: 6009
                Joe -

I'll meet you at the Hood Canal Bridge at 8:30 a.m. Saturday...okay?

- Marty
                Good deal Ole.
                Meet you at the bridge.
                Helmar
                Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Joe, Susie and I will most likely be there.
                  Greg James

Comment

I'll be fishing at O'dark:30 off Yeomalt Pt with Tim Mattson not far behind. Will see you all at Eagle Harbor or if the fishing is too good honk on your way by to Blake Island.
                    ChuckB
                    "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Comment

Chuck , how can you fish for 9 hours ( O'dark:30 is that 12:30 A.M. ) when you can only catch 2 ? Echo

Comment

0 Dark:30 is whenever I'm up and it's dark, like every day as i go off to work.
                        This year I can keep 4; 4 Pinks, or 3 and a king or silver, or 2 and 2 as long as the kings are hatchery. Besides, since golf is a good walk spoiled, any day on a boat is an improvement.
                        Echo
                        "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Comment

Safety Meeting

So, where do we meet for Safety Meeting

And, what time ??
                          Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Hello to all. I'll be locking through around 6-7 this morning. 18ft. Gen-L cabin cruiser, Indigo Blue hull with light yellow topsides. See you at the locks or Eagle Harbor around 10:00. Andy

Comment

Hello again, Slight change in plans, I'll be at locks closer to 7-8 this morning. Cell # 425-466-6912 also monitoring VHF 69. Andy the new guy.

Comment

Loaded up and rolling

Leaving out now,should be at the Harbor and in the water by 10am.
                                Still wondering about the safety meeting.
                                Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Working...
                                X