No announcement yet.

Next Saturday: Mason Lake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am going to be out of town for the last race of the season. My first missed Mason Lake event!! I am sending my Dad with the little Tolly Rumpas to play for the day so the Franchini's will at least be represented! It should be a great day with a very cool mix of boats. I have heard from several ACBS members with woodies that are planning on attending. I even heard that Bruce Bronson may be doing a maiden voyage of a 1928 Chris Craft Triple during the event. I hope everyone has a great day and please post lots of pictures!
    BRIAN FRANCHINI
    LAKE TAPPS, WA.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckcarey, post: 6620
      Hey Tim, No problem....it will cost you. Chuck
      Oh great. What do I have to do, iron the boat socks or clean the motor with a toothbrush?

Comment

Originally posted by Tim McCrain, post: 6633
        Oh great. What do I have to do, iron the boat socks?

This I have to get a picture of...

;-p
        '59 19' Glasspar Club Mariner (for sale)
        '63 17' OMC Deluxe (My current lust boat)
        '65 16' Evinrude Sweet 16 (for sale)

Comment

Mason Lake Update...

Some great news regarding this Saturday's Mason Lake gathering...

* The park has a full-time custodian/groundskeeper this year, and so the launch ramp will be in better shape than ever (no gravel to skid on); the grounds themselves are looking wonderful, and he's even driven off all of the Canada geese...so no goose poop on the lawn.

* Jim Giesy, who has a place on Mason Lake and each year arranges for our use of the park, says he's heard for a lot of classic-boat owners who will be attending with vintage runabouts, including some local-area boaters with old Chris-Crafts, Gar Woods and others.

* Jim also is bringing a barbeque for our potluck, along with a pot of beans, potato salad and some Johnsonville Brauts--and he encourages others to bring Brauts to toss on the barbeque.

* In addition to running around the lake, members will have an opportunity to participate in an on-the-water boatshop tour, to get a look at two different shops and their owners' classic Gar Wood and Chris-Craft runabouts, all totally restored. (There's no exact schedule, but I'm guessing the shop tour might begin at about noon, ending in time for our 2 pm-ish potluck back at Sunny Slope Beach Club.)

* Finally, for now, please be sure to check your boat trailer for any freshwater seaweed that might be clinging to the frame. Mason Lake residents are very concerned about the potential spread of milfoil on the lake, so we'll be checking for traces of milfoil on trailers before they're launched.

We'll see everyone on Saturday, with the event starting by 10 a.m. For other details, see the first posting in this thread.

- Marty
          http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Mason Lake

We plan to be there and bringing the Penn Yan Swift

Rickard and Fatima
            Attached Files

Comment

Final Update for Saturday's Event

Mason Lake will be a terrific event--better weather than usual and a diverse mix of boats, including several that have never been seen before (at least following their restorations). There will be everything from late-1920's Chris-Crafts to a Penn Yann Swift raceboat, the public debut of Ken Cook's restored Skagit Tyee and more, so we hope you'll find your way to Mason Lake tomorrow.

This will be a nice event for the whole family, in a beautiful park setting. Just bring any kind of potluck item--Johnsonville Brauts, hot dogs or burgers if you can't think of anything else, since a barbeque will be provided by our hosts. Gates to Sunny Slope Park will open at 9 a.m. and we'll gather by 10-10:30, with the potluck scheduled for about 2 p.m.

For directons, see the first posting in this thread.

Don't miss this last official on-the-water event of 2009...and if you don't have a boat ready, come anyway and enjoy rides in some great classic boats.

- Marty

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Finally got the parts for the Lee Craft but not in time to make Mason Lake with it. However this looks too good to miss so I will be out with Jay and Tara and their little runabout. They are hoping to have the Tabu out of the slings later today and back in it's birth so they can make this meet. B

Comment

We'll be out with the Jammy Dodger for our first event (testing the waters so to speak). Look for the green Marathon packed with kids....
                  John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
                  Past Affairs:
                  '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

I just registered here this morning as I heard yesterday your club was having a get together at Mason Lake this Saturday. I was wondering if it would be okay for a non member to attend. I would like to bring my 1957 Fleet-Form. Thanks Dan

Comment

Dan, Yes, You're Most Welcome....

Dan -

Look forward to meeting you at Mason Lake and seeing your '57 Fleetform. No need to be a regular member for this event.

- Marty

Comment

Big Turnout--Please Join Us...

Looks like there will be 20 or more boats at Mason Lake, so if you're on the fence, you might want to make this event...our last official on-the-water gathering of the season.

See full details in first item, above.

- Marty

Comment

Power Cats Are Welcome

I have it on good authority that there will be twice as many Power Cats attending this event as there were last year. I also know that they will all be sporting Mercs (tuned by none other than the infamous Frankenmerc). So you know they'll be running fast!

G3s and PCs... the lake will be buzzing tomorrow. It should be quite the event! see y'all tomorrow. Dylan and I will be bringing beverages to the potluck.

Doug G.

Comment

Doug -

...Please slow down to a leisurely 30mph when you see me out on the lake, so I can get some side-by-side running shots of your 50mph PC!

- Marty

Comment

Working...
                            X