No announcement yet.

Mason Lake Recap--31 Boats (!!)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just wanted to extend thanks to Marty and the club for allowing us non-members to come out and participate. It was a great introduction to the club and a great opportunity to see some really neat boats. We'll be joining up in January for the 2010 event year and plan on going to a few events as scheduling allows.

Thanks again from the Forsythe clan and the Jammie Dodger,

John
    John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
    Past Affairs:
    '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

I hated to miss this event It has always been a favorite. especially the launching and retrieving spectacular.

We did get the boat in the water Saturday afternoon, for our one day of boating this year.

We had some friends over and had a good Irish wake for a an old submariner.

He is now resting peacefully in the waters of Lake Sammamish.

We got up early Sunday morning and did a circuit of the lake, then pulled out the boat till next spring.

This year we lost four good friends and I almost lost the Princess, which took boating completely off the schedule.

Next year will be a better boating year I am sure.

We are looking forward to adding "Lil Red" to our running fleet next spring, and participating in a lot more events.

Good Lord Willing!
      Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
      Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

I had a great time Sat. even without my boat thanks to such a great event and Chuck Cary for hauling me down there and letting me take his G3 out. I had a great time hanging out on the beach, talking with everybody and meeting new people.
        Greg J
        Greg James

Comment

Jack & Kathie, Sorry to hear this has not been a very good year ! Like you said, we wish you the best from here on out. You don't have to wait till Jan 1st 2010 ? Right ? You can start now. Best,Chuck & Sheila
          1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
          1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Originally posted by ricphoto, post: 6801
            The more I think about the calendar featuring PAID MEMBERS boats/progress/projects the more I like it...

Tim and I will get together and sketch out the broad strokes, check the feasibility and report back...

...Ric
            This is a great idea too.
            If you need a Skimaster or even a collage of them, both Clint and I own them.
            Cool, our Own calendar sound Great

The Skimaster might come up for sale once I get the little Uni in the water too
            Attached Files
            Helmar Joe Johanesen
            1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
            1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
            Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
            2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
            http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Originally posted by Sammamish1, post: 6805
              I hated to miss this event It has always been a favorite. especially the launching and retrieving spectacular.

We did get the boat in the water Saturday afternoon, for our one day of boating this year.

We had some friends over and had a good Irish wake for a an old submariner.

He is now resting peacefully in the waters of Lake Sammamish.

We got up early Sunday morning and did a circuit of the lake, then pulled out the boat till next spring.

This year we lost four good friends and I almost lost the Princess, which took boating completely off the schedule.

Next year will be a better boating year I am sure.

We are looking forward to adding "Lil Red" to our running fleet next spring, and participating in a lot more events.

Good Lord Willing!
              Yep, hope for the best.
              We too have had a rough year do to the expense of things breaking down, building my own shop and trying to finish the cabin.
              We missed way to many events this year but hope to change that next year.
              Like you said, Good Lord Willing.
              Helmar Joe Johanesen
              1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
              1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
              Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
              2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
              http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Chuck

Originally posted by chuckcarey, post: 6809
                Jack & Kathie, Sorry to hear this has not been a very good year ! Like you said, we wish you the best from here on out. You don't have to wait till Jan 1st 2010 ? Right ? You can start now. Best,Chuck & Sheila
                Just found out we have to take the boat out again for another burial at sea. One of my High school buddies was killed in Viet Nam but didn't actually die till this year.

He had been living like Jerimiah Johnson in the mountains of Montana, and his daughter was trying to contact him when she discovered he died alone in a nursing home last january. Once she gets his ashes we will do it all again.

Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
                Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Working...
                X