No announcement yet.

Mason Lake Recap--31 Boats (!!)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rosario is in October FG.Com. The only thing i see is a person might not own the boat when the month come's around ? Huh...Chuck
    Attached Files
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

NWCBC Calendar, 2010

Ric and Tim -

Yes, it's a wonderful idea....let's do it!

Seems like we could use some of the publish-on-demand options available today, so that the club didn't have to put out a huge amount of money up front...and then hope that we sell enough calendars to break even. Should be able to simply take orders after offering members a preview, and only pay for the number needed.

Here's one of the many publish-on-demand operations, just fyi:

http://www.printpelican.com/index.cf...dars.sampcale&

Could the two of you honcho this project? I'd be happy to help with photo editing if you wish, since it'll be important to have a solid balance of different types of boats, models, manufacturers, etc.....not just the best photos. Would also be good to invite submissions from members.

- Marty
      http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

I'm game...Tim?

agree that it should be a variety of boats and would like to suggest it also reflects the reality of rescuing/restoring classics as well...

This shot by Barry is a good example

;-p

...Ric
        Attached Files
        '59 19' Glasspar Club Mariner (for sale)
        '63 17' OMC Deluxe (My current lust boat)
        '65 16' Evinrude Sweet 16 (for sale)

Comment

Originally posted by chuckcarey, post: 6760
          Rosario is in October FG.Com. The only thing i see is a person might not own the boat when the month come's around ? Huh...Chuck
          Uhhh .. Chuck? Most of us don't have the turnover that some people have ...

Comment

Originally posted by ricphoto, post: 6764
            I'm game...Tim?

agree that it should be a variety of boats and would like to suggest it also reflects the reality of rescuing/restoring classics as well...

This shot by Barry is a good example

;-p

...Ric
            I'm in. Let's get together soon and start planning. I'll call ya.

And I agree that it should show the whole gamut of the hobby, the challenges as well as the rewards.

I think that good planning is essential for a successful project, we wouldn't want to "launch" the project only to find that our "kill wire was grounded" and we were "dead in the water". So to speak. Theoretically, of course.

Comment

Tim ....

....Not the first (or last) time I'll be caught paddling a powerboat! Oh, well, at least with help from Dr. Frankenmerc, I got the beast running again. (He said today that he still has evil OMC juice on his hands, but figures if he waits 24 hours before touching his Merc collection, the Mercs won't be seriously harmed.)

- Marty
              http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Marty,
                It was just kinda fun (in a good-natured evil kind of way) to not be the one having engine trouble. When the new site went up I looked through all the sidebar photos to see if my boat was in any of them, I found three - one at the dock trying to get it running with a good samaritan's help, one at the dock with it belching a cloud of smoke and one in the lake with the cover off trying to get it going. It was fun to leave my cover on this time!

Tim

Comment

and thanks to you I have pics of him touching it that I can hold over his head now

(I sense a lifetime of tune-ups and special engine care in my future ;-)

learned something new too...I had always thought that oars in the bigger wooden classics were for passing brie between boats...who'd a thought that you could actually move a boat with 'em...

...Ric

Comment

Hummm ...No more rides for someone ? Or next time driving her ? Farallon 3 1/2 year. G-3 1 year ..Rosario that was 8 years. Now in "Chuck Years " that is long. Hummm

Comment

Originally posted by chuckcarey, post: 6774
                      Hummm ...No more rides for someone ? Or next time driving her ? Farallon 3 1/2 year. G-3 1 year ..Rosario that was 8 years. Now in "Chuck Years " that is long. Hummm
                      Aaawww ... you know I was just kidding!

Hhmm ... driving the G-3 ... I'll wax her for ya!

Comment

Tim, You are a nice guy , so you can drive her anytime. Chuck

Comment

Originally posted by Troublemaker, post: 6753
                          Oh, I see that it says I am a guest. I still can't get in to look at the alubums. Why is it I am listed as a guest? I am registered.
                          Hi Dan.
                          It Was available but wasn't showing up for you...
                          Try it now please
                          Helmar Joe Johanesen
                          1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                          1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                          Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                          2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                          http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Originally posted by chuckcarey, post: 6788
                            Tim, You are a nice guy , so you can drive her anytime. Chuck

Aawww gee ...

I'll be over in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by ricphoto, post: 6755
                              Thanks Tim...

I was so caught up in having a boat that ran well that I didn't get as many shots as I had planned on...

maybe at a future event we can set up a time for a dedicated photo run for all of the boats...

or then again you could always come over to West Seattle and we could get some nice sunset shots on Elliot Bay with the Spacey Needle as a backdrop...

hmmm... a NWCBC Calendar??? that could be a good club fundraiser...

;-p

...Ric
                              Calendar? our own?
                              That is a great idea.
                              Helmar Joe Johanesen
                              1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                              1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                              Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                              2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                              http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

The more I think about the calendar featuring PAID MEMBERS boats/progress/projects the more I like it...

Tim and I will get together and sketch out the broad strokes, check the feasibility and report back...

...Ric

Comment

Working...
                                X