Yesterday's Workshop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yesterday's Workshop

I added a few photos this morning, over in the Event Photos area. (See Joe's instruction on how to find the event images.)

Thanks to everyone who showed up for yesterday's workshop, including the three new paid members who signed up yesterday...John Lomas of Vernon, B.C.; Patt Riggs of Lakewood, and Blaine England of Greenbank. It's always great to have folks over for a visit and some relaxed talk about our favorite subject--old boats and how to restore them. We hope everyone felt the time was well-spent, and I want to personally thank Joe and Will for all the hard work lately, cleaning and reorganizing the shop and also making great contributions to the workshop itself.

By the way, as of yesterday, NWCBC is up to 94 paid members...closing in on the big 100. (We'll have to come up with a special prize for the 100th member...)

- Marty
    http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

I would like to thank Marty, Joe and Will for putting on a really great workshop. I especially enjoyed Wills' demonstration on making paterns. Now I get it. Why didn't I thiink of that? I got alot out of all the demonstations and met some new people so the day was well spent.
    Greg James

Comment

Another great NWCBC event!

Marty, Helmar and Will,
      Thanks so much for the well planned and executed workshop! I know that I had great time yesterday meeting and talking with everyone. Thanks to Mo for picking up the wonderful pizza! My pics are in the album as well. Thanks again and hope to see everyone soon at the planning meeting, details are coming soon.

Comment

Thanks

Many thankks to Marty, Joe and Will, I had a great time. It was an informative and enjoyable day for me. The final delight was a ride in Marty's vintage lapstrake boat, somehow fitting for the nordic heritage.
        Blaine

Comment

Thanks Marty, Joe and Will. I had a terrific day very well spent! I'm looking forward to the Classics meeting.
          Andy

Comment

We made it to the workshop with that big pink/red Bell Boy pushing the Rolls-Cunardly over hill and dale. The check engine light came on going up the Kennydale hill about 4 miles from home and remains on. The truck will go in the shop this morning.

Sorry we had to leave early but the Princess has been cooped up since May what with two surgeries and recoveries. She decided she would rather take a hike and explore Fort Flagler than stand around in a boat shop. So that's what we did.

Both my dog and I are limping today from her hike but she had a great weekend and that's what really counts for me.

We stayed in Port Townsend over night and drove back around the canal since we hadn't taken that drive in 20 years or so. Too foggy to see much but it was a nice drive anyway.

We are looking forward to seeing that big pink/red hulk actually becoming the "Little Red Corvette" we have been dreaming of for 5 years. With five surgeries between us in the last five years, Marty's "Island Boat Shop" was our first resort for restoration.

Opening day, Right Marty?
            Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
            Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Looks like it was a fun and worthwhile day for all who attended. Thanks to all who posted all the great pics so the rest of us could get a look. Nice shop Marty---you guys definitely have my dream job!

Mark

Comment

Working...
              X