Disaster at the fish Farm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disaster at the fish Farm

Had yet another dose of water woes.....my Salmon tank ruptured a side and I found a wet garage yesterday AM.
    Scooped them ALL before they died but my Salmon raising days are over for now.Had to rush them to my buddies house....now he`s full up.
    And I just dried my last wet Seafair cushion,only to have water spill over the table and re-dose it again.
    What next?
    TimM
    unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
    15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
    SeaRay 175BR
    Hi-Laker lapline
    14` Trailorboat

Tim sorry to hear about the salmon tank. Glad to hear that you were able to transfer them to a friend's tank. Best wishes.
    Jerry
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Back in Business!

Hey Fish lovers,
      My buddy Jack got himself a new tank and let me have his nice set-up to get us going again.After losing only one fish when the old tank let loose in late Jan.,we felt lucky but nervous about doing it again.
      We are now back in the groove with a 100 or so baby Coho for our kids to help let loose in a re-habbed creek in West Seattle.No wild fish were there so we aren`t competing with native stocks and hopefully the birds and predators will eat fewer of the wild ones from nieghboring streams and rivers.
      We`ll raise these until June when they are about to "imprint" about wherever they happen to be as this will be where they return to and spawn,usually within 100 feet of the release spot.
      The city has Counters walking the creek in late Oct/Nov. and they saw 65 or so this year.189/500 has been our all-time high.
      My daughter has been doing presentations for her schoolclass with other teachers "borrowing " her to teach their classes as well.
      Same fish were offspring from last falls Coho return to Issaquah Creek and went thru the Locks/Lake Washington ,and then the Slough to Sammamish/Icicle Creek.
      Once they get 20,000 for the hatchery ,the rest get divied up to those in the Delay Release program.
      We stock the tanks of a couple Westside Elementary and Middle schools but they usually get ignored.
      Hope to post a You Tube Video as they`ll eat from our fingers jumping up to 3``.
      TimM
      Attached Files
      unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
      15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
      SeaRay 175BR
      Hi-Laker lapline
      14` Trailorboat

Comment

Only right, Tim, that you should raise salmon for the slough. Heard you ran a G-3 through there a few weeks ago and scared 2 years of growth out of the coho!
        Jerry
        There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Working...
        X