Be careful who you buy from

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be careful who you buy from

I haven't verified any of this. But I do know from personal experience there folks out there that will fleece you if they can. Just something to think about.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/1598300307.html
    Steve Kiesel
    1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Wow! That is scary! Fortunately, when I got my Larson Sea Lion without a title, I got it from my son who got it from the son of the original owner (whom I talked with) and the three year wait went smoothly and I now have a title. That made me believe that getting a boat without a title was no big deal. Now I'd sure follow the suggestion that you go with the seller to the DOL and do the sale right there. I'm wondering, though, if DOL wouldn't charge you tax and licensing and later you could find out about the lien?
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

no title

Guys...I had the opposite experience. My 14' Mansfield came with no paperwork at all. I bought it from the grandaughter of the original owner. Been in storeage for 10 years. I told the people at DMV the story...gave them a bill of sale, they gave me Wn numbers, registration....and a couple weeks later the title came in the mail !!!! Do you think it could be because of the age of the boat ???... 1954, .. or the value, ???
      Steve
      Steve Tweit

1954 Mansfield..double cockpit runabout
      1955 Mansfield 17' express
      1960 Rynell Jetabout
      2007 Bxxxxxxx "daily driver"

Comment

Working...
      X