Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What else I've been up to.....

What else I've been up to......

Moving out of my shop at end of June. Got to get some of these projects back together.
    This is a 67 GTO I bought new in Nov 66. My oldest took it apart in 1996, going to rebuild the engine and restore the car. He made it about 5 weeks and walked away.

I started assembling the engine back in November. All the machine work had been done, but a few missing parts.
    Bench ran the engine in early January. Rebuilt the Muncie in February. Finally got the engine back in the car yesterday.
    Now to hook up the driveline, clutch linkage and figure out what's in the fuel tank? Need a new set of tires, etc. etc, etc.

Will be fun to drive it again. Been 16 years off the road! Then sell the old girl to pay the Saratogan bills! Hate to part with it!

McSkagit
    Attached Files
    Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Hey! Here we've been waiting patiently all this time for you to get the Saratogan in the water, and you've been working on a CAR?

I'm just jealous ...

Comment

Mine was a 1965. Traded it for a Corvette that needed more work than I expected. Then wrecked the vette. Which I had my Goat now....

I sure don't remember the Quadrajet carb on it. I am pretty sure mine had the Carter AFB, which is also on my 400 Pontac engine that is in this thing.

Gets Much better gas mileage than the 350 Chev.
      I was really displeased with GM after they quit making the 327's
      Those 350 chev engines I felt were pretty much a waste in a Car as they were truck motors.
      My GMC has the 350 but with EFI and gets pretty much 19+ mph between home and Island Boat Shop.
      Attached Files
      Helmar Joe Johanesen
      1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
      1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
      Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
      2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
      http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Ah the memories... 389 with tripower, close ratio muncie 4speed, passing anything but a gas station on the way to State Line Idaho.. insurance taking my paycheck... Racing the Goat at Spokane Raceway Park; yeah, those were fun times.
        ChuckB
        "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Comment

Working...
        X