Crab Boat in some "Chop"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crab Boat in some "Chop"

Newfoundland Crab Boat in a little chop! The sort of day NOT to have steering or engine failure. Reminds me of a tow I did in Juan De Fuca in March 2004. My Glasply got pitched bow down so steep my engine lost oil pressure. All the oil ran to the front of the engine. Scary!
    Attached Files
    Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Somebody had to take those pictures...

Comment

Tough way to earn a living.

Comment

Took my 12 foot Gregor out in some "chop" to pull my crab pots a couple of days ago. Turned back without getting the pots. Waves must have been more than a foot high! And those crabbers probably thought they were in rough seas!
          There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Originally posted by Lootas1, post: 12640
            Took my 12 foot Gregor out in some "chop" to pull my crab pots a couple of days ago. Turned back without getting the pots. Waves must have been more than a foot high! And those crabbers probably thought they were in rough seas!

Comment

Tim that was the funniest icon posts I have ever seen. So appropriate!

Ron
              1967 Glasspar Seafair Sedan Outboard converted from an Inboard
              1962 Dorsett San Juan Inboard converted from an Outboard Now conveting back to an Outboard.......We'll get it right someday

Comment

My early days of "SAFE BOAT TESTING" had me pushing the limits of both boat and stomache.
                I made it to Swiftsure Bank in our 15` Open center console hull and had jaws dropping and fingers pointing at us as we made it to the "Hump" about 22 miles NW of Tatoosh Island,basically on the dotted line between Canada and the US ,just 20 miles west of where we see land.
                600 feet of water is dotted wit ha 300 foot mesa we harvest Halibut on the US sliver that is in our waters.
                Pulled up next to the 50` "Sugarfoot" from Edmonds which has a raised covered pilothouse that was going out of site behind the 15 waves as we dropped into the troughs just 100 feet away.
                Not swaying or tipping like the top heavy fish boats still didn`t stop the seasickness.....
                I learned to buy my Halibut but it sure makes for some great memories.
                A 1 fish/Day limit now makes this hobby pure Insanity.
                Tim M
                unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
                15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
                SeaRay 175BR
                Hi-Laker lapline
                14` Trailorboat

Comment

Working...
                X