Sinking Boat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sinking Boat

Part artwork, part boat. You be the judge.

http://www.gizmag.com/love-love-part...icture/124341/
    Steve Kiesel
    1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Ok, I'm trying hard to keep an open mind here, but it seems kind of dumb.

With all the work that went into it, they could have had a useful boat, but instead, they have a hydrodynamic calamity that looks like a distress signal.

Screwy1
    '59 Clippercraft, 35 hp Evinrude

Comment

I think this is a simple case of "more dollars than sense"... Cool but completely useless, and where are the registration numbers???
      Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
      1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Useless, but cool!

It is kinda useless, and I would worry about the chances other boaters took as they rushed to assist the sinking captain, but it is cool to see someone actually follow through on a crazy thought like that. How many times have each of us said "Wouldn't it be awesome to _____ just to see people's reactions?"

Or maybe it's just me that thinks stuff like this up. Hey, that must be it, I like it 'cause it shows that someone else's mind works (or fails to work!) like mine!

Comment

Please take me along as crew!

There is a positive take on this boat, looks like there is standing headroom, and a low center of gravity. If you have no one to go boating with take this one out and you will talk to almost everyone who passes by. Alone no more. Tim---- maybe you and I could be crew together?? where is this boat?
          1956 Enduracraft Monterey
          1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
          1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

like yelling "Fire in a theater"

Originally posted by Lowell, post: 15835
            There is a positive take on this boat, looks like there is standing headroom, and a low center of gravity. If you have no one to go boating with take this one out and you will talk to almost everyone who passes by. Alone no more. Tim---- maybe you and I could be crew together?? where is this boat?
            I think the first ones you would be talking to would be the coast guard and they don't really have a good sense of humor ? Makes for a good picture but you wouldn't get me to be a part of it . Wonder what the re-sale value is on that ? Think he will get his money back :Police1:
            Attached Files
            Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

Haven't seen Jiffy Pop for many years. Where did you find it?
              There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Old Picture

Some red neck found it and good thing about these smoke detectors is they don't need batteries and they don't go out of date ! See you out in the water this summer Jerry ! Maybe pull some Crab pots out of Eliza together, I'll stay in touch . irate:
                Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

Makes no sense to me either and not sure what it does.
                  I don't see any power on it so its just sits out there and bobs around?
                  Helmar Joe Johanesen
                  1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                  1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                  Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                  2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                  http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

It's ART!

It doesn't have to have a purpose or a point, or be functional. It's art. Like the Jiffy Pop smoke alarm, (nice find Rick!) which isn't functional and wouldn't be approved by the fire department, it's only meant to elicit a reaction. Which it has done nicely, as demonstrated by this discussion.

Comment

Working...
                    X