Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viewer Discression Advised

-WARNING- TheFollowing Material May Not Be Suitable For Some Viewers

I absolutely hate taking classic boats to the dump. I'd always rather give one away than see them suffer this fate. Unfortunately I couldn't sell this 1961 19' Sabrecraft Debutaunte, so I ended up stripping it and selling off the parts (which many were grateful for).

No one wanted the remaining hull, not even if it was free. So it ended up going to the dump. I always ask the tractor operators if they will rip the floor out of the boats before they cruch them so i can take pictures of the stringer construction.

In this case it seems plywood was used in 1961. That tells me if there is a soft floor in one it makes sense that you'd want to open the whole thing up and take a look at the condition of the stringers, rather than simply repairing the soft spot.

This old girl did not go down easily. They tried pounding, they tried crunching, they tried banging her against the wall. She kept springing back. Ultimately the tractor compressed her against the wall.

This was very good fiberglass work. I would absolutely recommend one of these old girls for someone looking for a pretty boat with great construction.
    Attached Files

I've often wondered how much does it cost to take a hull to the dump?

Karl
    17' Johnson Runabout (1964) Completed
    18' GlassCraft Imperial (1959) Done!
    19' Campion Bowrider (1999) Great family ski/tow boat
    25' Skagit (1960) Two of them. What am I thinking?
    14' Axtell Aquacraft (1950ish)
    14' Stilleto

Comment

OMG ! And you expect me to have lunch now...Huh ? Chuck
      1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
      1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

As I remember the '61 I had, the fiberglass stringers were quite stout, as was the hand laid roving! And on the water that thing was great even when the bow was buried in a wave and green water was flying over the upper windscreen!
        i can only hope that in '77, when my newly acquired ride was laid up, they did nearly as good a job...
        ChuckB
        "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Comment

Price Is Per Ton

In Pierce County it's currently $126/ton for residents.

You have to remove the fuel tank first, and don't bring it with you cause they won't take it.

If it's an I/O they'd like that separated too, but they will take it.

In any case you have to bring the title to show it's yours.

Here's a Beachcraft and a Fiberform. My kids were little when the Fiberform went to the dump, hence the artwork.

So far Fiberform is the toughest!
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X