Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Toy for the Mr + Mrs.

Hey guys,
    Sorta fell into another Boat trap......only this one is shiny and like new (sorry,not even close to being a classic) underneath.But it has an Inboard with I/O I normally tell people NOT to buy.
    My friend called and told me to bring a trailer down to the lake for a cheap hull that had some worthy parts.
    I had no idea what I was in for......but went anyways.
    Opened the motor cover to reveal a 302 EFI Multi-Port engine with a minor wire fire the last time ran,just one wire melted to the exhaust manifold.........it fired off and idled well so I drove it to the dock from the boatyard.My water bottle didn`t even riffle while it ran,dead flat.
    Found an hourmeter hooked up at the end of said wire.210 total hours on a 1994 Four Winns 18` Horizon.
    There are barely any scratches on the gelcoat from seat staples like on most hulls with any use.Seeing Starboard on every pc with all shiny SS fasteners and nothing rusty at all.Learning how some nicer stuff is built so this is a good learning experiance.
    Love the hi/lo rear corner seats with starboard support in the motor cover that has two positions.
    Had to strip and replace most every seat ,panel and flooring but it has become a pretty clean family boat we just may have to keep in the family.
    Now to find a trailer for the Seafair........while I decide what we are to do with yet another hull.

TimM
    Attached Files
    unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
    15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
    SeaRay 175BR
    Hi-Laker lapline
    14` Trailorboat

Nice score Tim.
    Even the idea of it having the electronic fuel injection sounds way more fuel efficient than not.
    Some times its nice to be able to jump into something and not worry too much on if its worn out our not. Motor wise anyway.
    Anyway :GoodJob:
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Trailer

Will my surplussed E Z Loader work for your Seafair? I guess we need to talk.
      Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
      Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Trailer

Tim,

Will my surplussed E Z Loader work for your Seafair? I guess we need to talk. I think I am picking up the Bell Boy Saturday, maybe I can stop by and we can talk.
        Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
        Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Jack,
          Sounds like a good plan , you`ll save me from going to see Clint for the 19` Glasspar/Trailer combo he`s offering so cheap.
          I`ll plan on being here Sat so feel free to stop by and rattle the cage.
          TimM
          unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
          15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
          SeaRay 175BR
          Hi-Laker lapline
          14` Trailorboat

Comment

Working...
          X