Why is this ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is this ?

Why do people posts a message on NWCBC to sell a item and then will not respond back when you leave your name ,phone number and a personal e-mail sent to them ? In other cases they also say they will go down and get more pictures of a item and never do ! Huh ?
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

I agree Chuck !

I think they do it to see who bites and maybe to try and see if there's any value or interested parties ? It is frustrating .
    Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

Nah, Chuck, it's just we all love you and want to keep you and Sheila happily married by not burdening you with boat stuff you don't need!
      There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Jerry my man, What do you mean by "don't need" ? Never heard those words before......much. I was talking to another boater the other day and sure am glad i don't have that sickness ( more boats ) anymore. By the way, That's a picture of me and my Dorsett back in 1960. Sure would be nice to find another one like it so i could zip around one more time before i hang it up like Sheila and i did w...a....y...back then. Chuck
        Attached Files

Comment

Nice Dodge Lancer, Chuck! (Oh - and the Dorsett too!)

Comment

Originally posted by chuckcarey, post: 19821
            ...That's a picture of me and my Dorsett back in 1960. Sure would be nice to find another one like it ...
            Chuck, I gave this Dorsett to a friend a couple of years ago, who lives on the Columbia River near Cathlamet. He's not able to use it because of severe arthritis, so it's been sitting covered up for the last couple years.

It's a 1958 model but I can't remember the length. Has a gas-guzzling Evinrude Starflite V4 75hp that's been rebuilt and sits on a Tee Nee trailer. (both titles still in my name) Would you be interested if it was cheap?

Comment

Dan, Could you give me a call @ 800-637-9190.If i'am on the phone please leave you number. Thanks,Chuck

Comment

Right, Chuck. What was I thinking? I'll keep searching the blackberry patches to find a few great boats you should own!
                There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

dorsett

Originally posted by Capt. Dan, post: 19828
                  Chuck, I gave this Dorsett to a friend a couple of years ago, who lives on the Columbia River near Cathlamet. He's not able to use it because of severe arthritis, so it's been sitting covered up for the last couple years.

It's a 1958 model but I can't remember the length. Has a gas-guzzling Evinrude Starflite V4 75hp that's been rebuilt and sits on a Tee Nee trailer. (both titles still in my name) Would you be interested if it was cheap?

Hello Capt Dan. Is this boat still available.? If so please give me a call Ingvar Carlson Poulsbo. 206-434-9482.
                  Thank you
                  Ingvar (Swedster) Carlson

Comment

Hi Ingvar,After talking to you today about the boat,i thought i better let it out of the bag that i was getting the Dorsett from Dan. I was going to wait till i got it home to say anything but since you posted your message, i thought i better fess up. Dan and i will be meeting down by Tacoma sometime soon after he picks it up from his friend down by the Columbia River area. Chuck

Comment

Last Boat

Originally posted by chuckcarey, post: 19868
                      Hi Ingvar,Well i might as well let it out of the bag, Dan and i have come to a agreement on the Dorsett a couple days ago. I was going to wait till i got it home to say anything but since you posted your message, i thought i better fess up. It will be here in about a week or so as soon as Dan can pick it up.Chuck
                      This will be the last boat !!
                      Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

Yea, I guess so ?

Comment

Your boats are both older than I am Mr. Carey. I'm not sure if that is a testament to their durability or mine...
                          "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Comment

Originally posted by chuckcarey, post: 19868
                            Hi Ingvar,After talking to you today about the boat,i thought i better let it out of the bag that i was getting the Dorsett from Dan. I was going to wait till i got it home to say anything but since you posted your message, i thought i better fess up. Dan and i will be meeting down by Tacoma sometime soon after he picks it up from his friend down by the Columbia River area. Chuck
                            No More Boats eh? EH? EH?

Comment

Originally posted by ChuckB, post: 19871
                              Your boats are both older than I am Mr. Carey. I'm not sure if that is a testament to their durability or mine...
                              Chuck, I think that a testament to you and the boats. Chuck

Comment

Working...
                              X