Forums slow to load ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forums slow to load ?

Has anyone else had long wait times to load forum pages ? ?
    I waited 8 or 9 minutes to get to this page. I've noticed this before especially when loading pictures.
    Is our host server shared with business' that run large reports?

Dave C

I never have a problem, it's always pretty quick. There are lot of things that can effect your turnaround time, not just the forum host server. Tough to nail down though.

I'm in Central Oregon out in the boonies. I'm using the local cable company, Crestviewcabe for my service. The turnaround is as good as when I was in Seattle using Comcast.
    Steve Kiesel
    1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Dave,

The problem doesn't seem to be the forums, they load quickly for me and everything looks like it should.

I don't know who your internet provider is; I use Wave Broadband and have found that if some sites load slowly resetting my modem and router will take care of it. Why, I have no idea but it works.

Tim

Comment

This condition lasted about 45 minutes this morning then (and now) it's working lickity split. I have done nothing on my end to make any changes. This condition happens once or twice a week.
        I have Century link DSL and other web sites work normally. I have another location with Wave Broadband and have noticed occasional slow downs there also. But have NEVER experianced anything like I did this morning.

Oh well

Dave C

Comment

Consider or compare your internet to your driving around the town, city or wherever in your car, truck or whatever.

If you are in Seattle and this server is in Utah, then you have to go out your door, down to the highway, then the freeway, exit then off to were this server is located and though those city streets to the Severs address.

If construction, accidents or whatever, you May get Routed around in a detour which slows travel down.

If for some reason you have a big gathering, Ball game say, then that area is going to be congested to get around...That will slow you down.

The internet pretty much works the same way. Could be Anything in between your computer and the server...

Did that help or confuse folks more ??
          Helmar Joe Johanesen
          1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
          1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
          Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
          2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
          http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Good analogy. In Dave's case, I think both lanes were closed for short time.:Bigdriving1:
            Steve Kiesel
            1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Slow internet connection

Good analogy Joe. My connection was at a snail pace this morning. I finally gave up. Afternoon fine.....
              Must have been an electron pile-up on the internet freeway....

Tim
              Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Mine sometimes slows down especially right around 9 a.m.. I've always assumed it was because alot of people were getting to work and powering up there puters.
                Greg James

Comment

Or maybe it was ice crystals in the frame cloud?
                  Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
                  Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Working...
                  X