Why we replace old tires

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why we replace old tires

Up until a couple of days ago, my trailer spare LOOKED perfectly usable. Now it doesn't. I have no idea how old it is and I have never used it.
    Attached Files

Thats not so bad, I bought a trailer with a wonderful spare tire, but the owner didn't have the key to the spare tire lock. The guy he bought it from didn't have it either!

Dave

14 Skagit Sportster Blue (formerly red)
    16 Skagit Skimaster (blue)
    17 Skagit

18 Skagit Runabout (1961?)

Comment

Originally posted by Stan D, post: 23409
      Up until a couple of days ago, my trailer spare LOOKED perfectly usable. Now it doesn't. I have no idea how old it is and I have never used it.
      Mythbusters did an episode on how to use hay and duct tape to patch a flat tire... I think yours may still be usable with a few rolls of duct tape...:Runaway1:
      Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
      1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Bflaherty, post: 23414
        Mythbusters did an episode on how to use hay and duct tape to patch a flat tire... I think yours may still be usable with a few rolls of duct tape...:Runaway1:
        Well, it is just the top of the tire that failed, the rest is still good. Actually, the trailer will get just one more trip to the launch ramp to get the boat off before I scrap it. I hope the other two tires have at least five more miles in them.

Comment

Working...
        X