Les schwab Tires

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Les schwab Tires

I don't know if I'm the only one that just found out about this service and it's common knowledge but I just took some wheels down to Les Schwab to re-place the tires and told them I was going to take the wheels down and have sandblasted and I would paint them and come back for new tires. The salesman told me they did that . They send them out and blast them and have them powder coated . They have many colors to choose from and the White or black cost about $25.00 a wheel. Colors can go up to $30.00 a wheel. I could hardly blast and paint them for that ? Sent them out and took about a week and a half . Came out real nice. Just an F.Y.I for anybody that does not know this , and if you did why did you keep it a secret
    Attached Files
    Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Thats good to know VeryBigSmile

Remember when we were in high school, Moons and Rings were in.
    Oh, and 3 and 4 bar flippers they called them..

That does look nice Rick.
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Rick, thanks for that info. My fishing boat rims need to be redone. Not sure what the last owner put on there, but it's ugly. Your right, for $25 bucks a wheel, there's no way I'm going to do it.
      Steve Kiesel
      1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Message deleted
        1958 Skagit 20 Offshore hardtop cruiser "Kanigo"

Comment

Originally posted by Nomad55, post: 26074, member: 19
          Message deleted
          ???
          Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

That is an amazing deal! Having just blasted 4 wheels for my other vintage project and painting them myself, I can tell you I was into them a lot more than what they could have powdercoated 4 wheels for.
            I wonder, since Les Schwab is an independent chain, if all LS have this service for the same price??

BTW, thanks for posting this. I was just about to blast my trailer wheels this week! I'm calling them tomorrow...

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly, post: 26077, member: 2323
              That is an amazing deal! Having just blasted 4 wheels for my other vintage project and painting them myself, I can tell you I was into them a lot more than what they could have powdercoated 4 wheels for.
              I wonder, since Les Schwab is an independent chain, if all LS have this service for the same price??

BTW, thanks for posting this. I was just about to blast my trailer wheels this week! I'm calling them tomorrow...
              It would be nice to know if they are doing that at other stores for sure.
              Not real fond of there tires and the 40K warranty. Up in Port Townsend, not impressed with the prices of tires.
              I was able to pick up a pair of my favorite tires for my truck BF Goodrich Radial TA's for 90 bucks less !!!. And that was with the 60k warranty.
              Of course this was in Portland Oregon too so it could be Location, Location you know...
              Don't really care of they do run out to great me. I don't like Anyone running up to me..
              Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Originally posted by Helmar, post: 23839, member: 59
                Thats good to know VeryBigSmile

Remember when we were in high school, Moons and Rings were in.
                Oh, and 3 and 4 bar flippers they called them..

That does look nice Rick.
                You mean like these Joe? Going to give it another try posting photos. I've had these since the late 60's. They are now on our '69 Aladdin travel trailer. I'm hoping to pick up a set of good chrome beauty trim rings at the Monroe swap meet this month to complete the look.
                [ATTACH]14796[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]14797[/ATTACH]
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Helmar, post: 26080, member: 59
                  It would be nice to know if they are doing that at other stores for sure.
                  The local Bellingham Les Schwab sent the wheels to one of their shops in the Seattle area,not sure which one.

Comment

Now That looks pretty cool for sure.
                    So, You, Rick and who else that we might might know is into the Travel Trailers now.
                    Let me see if I can find a picture of the one I have up here. It has the rings on it but not the moons..

How about a forum. Belong to any RV or Trailer forums ??
                    [ATTACH]14801[/ATTACH]

Reason for asking is because what is in the shop right now is my little RV that I used to tow the boats with when I lived down in Sandy.
                    It was perfect for pulling the 20 Skagit Offshore.
                    I found some leaks in the front bed area and some Electrolysis too. The frame work was shot up there anyway.
                    I used to have a web page that showed all the work I did on the rear of it.
                    I was told to pour 2 gallons of gas on the insides and put it out of its misery. It has the 360-II engine in it. Was told it was Industrial, not the commercial engine.
                    [ATTACH]14802[/ATTACH]
                    Attached Files
                    Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Does this mean a thread hijack?

Trailers! Ironically, I'm selling mine to fund the Uniflite project.
                      1971 (not too vintage, I know)
                      Eriba Puck
                      Made in Germany
                      660 lbs
                      Attached Files

Comment

That Aladdin looks pretty cool. Maybe there's a need for an additional section here for other hobbies?

Comment

As if you didn't already have enough on your plate messing with this site, Joe. I think the Flotsam & Jetsam section would work for NBR ,Not Boating Related,interest,hobbies that members might like to post. We know of 2 other members who have expressed interest getting a travel trailer but I'll let them chime in on their own. We sold our little teardrop and were on the hunt for a "stand up in " trailer. As far as forums there are many on FB and Yahoo Groups.Tin Can Tourist,Rollin Oldies to name a couple. Joe that's a nice looking little trailer that should be on the road. You would be amazed what they are going for these days even for near basket cases.

Kelly, that little trailer would be of interest to street rodders but I gotta tell you I love that bus. I doubt Rick will mind us highjacking his thread if I include a photo of Sarah & his Aloha that they just finished before the 13th Mt Baker Vintage Trailer Rally in Lynden,Wa. As usual great attention to detail by Rick & Sarah.

[ATTACH]14805[/ATTACH]

And our Aladdin. Not sure this is a keeper for us.
                          [ATTACH]14806[/ATTACH]
                          Attached Files

Comment

Pretty cool. Nice little rig. I always like the idea of having my own pillow to sleep on. I like the wheels art too. I see what looks like it might be a light rope for the underside?

I kind of mixed the boats and RV a little I guess, using the little RV as a tow rig.

But if no one is apposed to this, I can move the whole thread off to the Flotsam & Jetsam with just a few clicks.
                            The older forum was a pain...

And Yes, I know people have other interests other than boats...

Can I move the Thread ??
                            Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

I just realized that whole section was devoted to other 'stuff'...I'm quick I know.
                              It makes sense to move the thread...or trim it and add it to the other trailer thread that was recently started

Comment

Working...
                              X