Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish Story

Hey guys,
    Had another memorable day on the water last week ,ending my long day with a cold beverage on my buddy Tommie`s Grand Banks.Looking over his shoulder ,with Gasworks park in the background,I noticed a Silver Salmon finning along the surface.I started telling Tom how sometimes they swam too close and we could just grab them for the BBQ......
    Next thing I knew ,it was swimming towards the dock and my jacket was coming off while I stalked the foe from the facedown position on the dock.
    Once close enough I reached way down and had the tail in my grip and then swung it up and on the dock where Tom snapped a quick picture before it flipped it`s way back into the water.
    I know you can`t legally net or wet a line in these waters but not sure what the rule is on hand catching.It was pretty Red and very slimy so it wasn`t good table fare......but was almost 12 lbs.
    So easy a Caveman could do it.
    TM
    unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
    15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
    SeaRay 175BR
    Hi-Laker lapline
    14` Trailorboat

No wonder I never catch salmon! I always am dragging some lure in the water and expecting the salmon to get hooked. I see it should be done as the bears and Tim do it! Reach in the water and grab 'em. Good job Tim!
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Are you saying your a caveman Tim?

Sorry, couldn't resist.
      Steve Kiesel
      1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Good fish story Tim, I've never done THAT before. Here's one for you from this season. Fishing the West bar at Possession a couple weeks ago I hooked a very acrobatic silver of about 10 lbs that jumped 6 times or more, flasher and all. When it got right next to the boat it jumped again straight out of the water at least 3 ft. and right into the net my buddy was holding ready. He didn't even have to move it. I had just told him the story of one that actually did jump into the boat and he had replied "yeah, yeah...right"! He's a believer now (I think). Kent
        Kent & Diane
        '58 Westerner

Comment

Kent,
          I`ve done the "Swish" before with a blackmouth that surfaced and cleared the Outboard and landed in the net on the other side of the transom while the netter stood there awaiting to see the fish.Came straight out of the water after being hooked at 130 feet,right on the bottom,then brought my weight all the way to the surface,line never actually went tight.
          The fish I grabbed by paw was probably a reject or escapee from the Muckleshoot Nets deployed along the ship canal.
          They get blind and sorta swim on auto pilot so I had a good idea where he was heading.
          Yah Steve,hair is getting longer than my daughter`s.
          TM
          EDIT: We had 49 Coho or Silver salmon return yesterday (10/31/2012) to the Fauntleroy Creek my buddy has been planting with eggs courtesy of the Issaquah hatchery.We let the schools have 50 fish batches and then release them on the last day of school,fish return 2-3 years later as adults.189 has been the highest total ,500 eggs is all we start with so some were wild.1-3% return is normal!
          unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
          15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
          SeaRay 175BR
          Hi-Laker lapline
          14` Trailorboat

Comment

Working...
          X