Anacortes Festival visit.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anacortes Festival visit.

Today I visited the Anacortes Festival specifically to see what trailer boats were there.

In short there appear to be none! Yes, there were vendors of bric-a-brac and fried food, ship modelers that did absolutely terrific work. There were lots of girls (young women), a terrific Corvette club with hundreds of Corvettes from 1963 to 2012, some are absolutely magnificent.

Lots and lots of vendors with everything from sunglasses to jewelry, vegetables, and just about everything else. There were boat builders, a lot of boats for sale on the docks, and almost the complete line of Nordic tugs. Incidentally Nordic tugs sponsored a boatbuilding contest where they had a small amount of time to build a hand powered vessel. There were boatbuilding schools represented in the contest, professional boatbuilders, and others. Nordic tug won the awards for things like most composite age in the builders, best looking boat, and several others.

All in all it was a terrific eight hours in the bright sunlight. But no trailer boats at all.
    Attached Files
    Dave

14 Skagit Sportster Blue (formerly red)
    16 Skagit Skimaster (blue)
    17 Skagit

18 Skagit Runabout (1961?)

All in all, looks like you had a pretty ok time.

Right now I think the only place we display our boats is at LaConnor at the car and boat show they have.
    Not all of us have nice enough boats to do that but its still fun to show people what you can do and how nice they can look again. Most of the folks know these glass boats as kids growing up.

My boat is one of those 20 20 boats. It looks good from 20 feet or going past you at 20mph opcorn1:

Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Working...
    X