Should have thought of this before..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should have thought of this before..

I don't know why I didn't think of this before...
    Anyway, starting Now, I am going to thank the folks that help support the club.

First off, a fair amount of have already sent in moneys to support your club. You can tell this because of the yellow banner. It does take a fair amount of money to keep this thing going..

Also, some of the yellow banners will go away once I get to figuring out who has not sent in support for more than a year.

So, with the start of this, just came in this morning,

Thank you Tom Hansen from Toledo Oregon for your support !!

Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

First off, a fair amount of have already sent in moneys to support your club. You can tell this because of the yellow banner. It does take a fair amount of money to keep this thing going.

Joe, I hope more people sign up to help the club and to support their own habit. Otherwise this club could be in trouble down the road.
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Joe, There's a number of people that have been supporting this club for years and I personally feel that it is somewhat unfair to them when some people are allowed to have the benefit of this Web. for free. Don't these freeloaders know that it cost money to run a web. page like this. I think that if people want to enjoy this Web. then they should help support it financially or they should not be allowed on it at all. I think some people think that if they can get something for free why pay for it. 35 bucks a year is incredibly cheap for something like this and when somebody is spending thousands of bucks restoring there boat and using this web. for advise I think they can afford a $35 dollar membership. No free lunches Joe, if they don't pay they shouldn't get on.
      Chuck, It's already in trouble.
      Greg James

Comment

Ok, How about a one time offer .... For the month of February have a membership drive where a person can get a discount of $5.00 off the $35.00 fee....ONE TIME ONLY ! Also drop that blasted $20.00 fee. Why should a person have all of the benefits of the $35.00 fee amount for $20.00 ? ? ? I do not feel if you are living 4-5 states away that it makes it "right" that you pay less dues. I belong to another boat club out of state that i pay $35.00 as well. Here's a example, When i purchased a new rubrail from Pete at Wefco , and received a 15 % discount off the retail price of $200.00. See.... now my membership only costed me $5.00. A "Non Supporting Member" will be paying the full $200.00 as Wefco checks to see if they are a NWCBC member.Greg, I agreed if they don't pay they shouldn't get on.

Comment

Joe, I'm sending in $35 by snailmail again. It must be about time for me because I can't remember exactly when I did pay up last time, but probably around the first of the year.

Let me once again register my strong objections to letting the freeloaders get just about the same privileges as real paying members. If this inappropriate practice continues, I just may opt for the free ride in the future, although I would dislike myself. For heaven's sake, $35 is only ten gallons of gas.

Comment

The dues should be 50+ bucks per year.
            Greg James

Comment

As Bill F Said " For heaven's sake, $35 is only ten gallons of gas. "

Or it is a little less than a quart of paint. On the free ride thing in the future, that would make the club go under for sure. But i do understand what you are saying.

Comment

Hi Guys.
                Just got back from OHSU in Portland. Working on what they call a Lumbar medial branch block. In english, its a nerve block. They go in next to the spine were the bad disks are and use a laser to Burn the nerves. Might come back in a years time but the two test runs we just did (this week and last week) it turned out 95% Pain Free !!!.
                I know this is not the palace to put this stuff and its Not boating guys so, Sorry. I am just excited that this is going to finely happen. Ok, sorry, back to business

I understand about the club dues or donations and I am in hopes that more people come forward, but Hey, I need to find time to learn this club membership software to get a report on who is due.

So for now. Thank you Stan Davis of Bothell Washington for your support.
                Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

"Check is in the mail"
                  Thanks for keeping the site going.

Comment

Joe, Glad you are feeling much better. You also have a right to be excited ! That is the most important thing right now. Sorry we are being a pain in the neck ( get it ? ). Joe, why can't we go back to the Jan-Jan billing system as it is i think when most of the guys will remember thats the month to pay dues. Club membership software ? why go thru all of that with a learning curve . Just make up a form were you list all of the club members that have paid. Screw more hardware costs ! Remember when we did the renewal each Jan...no problem back then.

Comment

Joe, Glad your feeling mo betta. My little rant was aimed at the freeloaders. I understand that some people just don't know that their dues are due, honestly can't afford it or it simply hasn't donned on people that it takes $$$$ to run a web sight. It would be great if we could make this sight free to everybody but that's not realistic. I would support somebody who was really enthusiastic but couldn't afford membership dues by giving them free membership or anybody else that was willing to help with the administration of this club.
                      GO FRICKEN HAWKS
                      Greg James

Comment

Originally posted by BillF, post: 27164, member: 56
                        Joe, I'm sending in $35 by snailmail again. It must be about time for me because I can't remember exactly when I did pay up last time, but probably around the first of the year.

Let me once again register my strong objections to letting the freeloaders get just about the same privileges as real paying members. If this inappropriate practice continues, I just may opt for the free ride in the future, although I would dislike myself. For heaven's sake, $35 is only ten gallons of gas.
                        Thanks Bill
                        Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly, post: 27172, member: 2323
                          "Check is in the mail"
                          Thanks for keeping the site going.
                          Thanks Kelly.
                          Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Originally posted by Skagitguy, post: 27173, member: 6
                            Joe, Glad you are feeling much better. You also have a right to be excited ! That is the most important thing right now. Sorry we are being a pain in the neck ( get it ? ). Joe, why can't we go back to the Jan-Jan billing system as it is i think when most of the guys will remember thats the month to pay dues. Club membership software ? why go thru all of that with a learning curve . Just make up a form were you list all of the club members that have paid. Screw more hardware costs ! Remember when we did the renewal each Jan...no problem back then.
                            Well, that was ok but, when we had people that wanted to sign up in the latter part of the year, they had to pay at least half or got 5 off or whatever it was, I didn't think is was fare.

This software that keeps track of all of that stuff does WAY more than we will ever want or need.

How about Prorating it ?? Make it due January like it was but Prorate it out. So, if someone wants to join say in the middle of the year, then its half....
                            But then again, how to do we do the half. Half of what?
                            Some of you guys pay Big, some pay double knowing that we are short....

Back to the software, I "Think" is will also send out a Email to the member telling them that the dues are due again. I just need to figure that out.
                            Maybe purchase the support for it again and learn that part.

Just thinking about what is it that needs automated seems real doable with even a small database. Even a spreadsheet would be able to automate what is needed.....Huh....Will ponder that...
                            Oh, and thanks
                            Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Originally posted by GregJ, post: 27174, member: 58
                              Joe, Glad your feeling mo betta. My little rant was aimed at the freeloaders. I understand that some people just don't know that their dues are due, honestly can't afford it or it simply hasn't donned on people that it takes $$$$ to run a web sight. It would be great if we could make this sight free to everybody but that's not realistic. I would support somebody who was really enthusiastic but couldn't afford membership dues by giving them free membership or anybody else that was willing to help with the administration of this club.
                              GO FRICKEN HAWKS
                              Ah, you have already paid for some of the others Greg. Both you and Chuck have done that and Thank you.
                              I don't know if you know much about Ed Brown. Ed is the fellow that bought Patrick's Bumble Bee from Marty and took it down to California. (I think he was inspired by the Bell Boy we did for Bruce Drake;-) He is well into the restoration and dos now post his progress as much as he used too, but, he is moving forward on it.
                              I have also passed some keys over to Ed as you should know (or I am reminding everyone) Ed is the person that stepped up to the plate and saved our butts with our main Website.
                              It crashed and Ed installed a new tool to build up one that looks like what we had before. Major Job Well Done.
                              Ed also knows some of the programmers of our XenForo software and will soon be able to help more on our programming.
                              He is also one of our Moderators of the Forum.
                              I will pass some of these ideas of Jan to Jan and prorating to him as well as see what we might be able to do with or about it.

In talking with our advisers (6 of you ;-) we are now 4 to 2 on loose the $20 start fee.

Let me take this topic over to the Club Business and pick it up from there.

Just, Thank you to everyone that is helping to keep this going. I really do enjoy trying to make what you guys want in a club. Remember, its Yours, not mine.

Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Working...
                              X