Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PLEASE keep Chuck (Skagitguy) in your thoughts this weekend!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE keep Chuck (Skagitguy) in your thoughts this weekend!

Only with Chuck's permission am I posting this. He emailed me (and I'm sure some of you) at 10:12 last night saying his health has taken a turn for the worst and requires a triple heart bypass and some other exams done as well. He was unsure what time he would go in, or even what day but the sooner the better. The prognosis currently is not good, the doctor said he did not have very much time left...though I'm not exactly sure how to interpret the doc at this point.

Either way, most club members have known Chuck far longer than I have, but I can say in the last year he's been an invaluable contributor to the club and to me for helping me getting my boat 'done' as soon as I did. He always gives me advice, want it or not, and I always listen.

Chuck we're pulling for you! Get through the rough wave so we can all wet a keel in the spring, if not sooner! God Speed my friend.

Kelly last night i was to tired to e-mail anyone. And then i worked a little bit today in my office getting the orders out. I switch Doctor's about two and a half weeks ago as we felt we where not getting anywhere when asking for more information from the doctor we had at that time. The new doctor has been great as far as letting us know the pro's and con's and the outlook. We went into Evergreen Hospital at 5:15 am Thursday and had a Angioplasty. We thought maybe i would have a few stints or so. What he found was that three of my Arteries where shot. We found out today it will be the Nov 24 for the operation and a check up on November 19th next week The part about what the doctor said to Sheila and me about not having very much time left being my three arteries are so bad off there is more to my condition on that subject. First time i felt something was not right was July 9th when i took the Skagit out for its shake down for the first time on Lake Stevens after working on it all winter and spring. Being i have never been thru something like this before time will tell how long it will take to heal. I ask the doctor about boating and was told we will have to play it by ear. Being i will not have to go into till 24th will be coming to the meeting to give my three cents worth. Get a check up ! Chuck
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Chuck
      Jody and I are pulling for you!!!!!
      17' Johnson Runabout (1964) Completed
      18' GlassCraft Imperial (1959) Done!
      19' Campion Bowrider (1999) Great family ski/tow boat
      25' Skagit (1960) Two of them. What am I thinking?
      14' Axtell Aquacraft (1950ish)
      14' Stilleto

Comment

Originally posted by Skagitguy View Post
        Kelly last night i was to tired to e-mail anyone. And then i worked a little bit today in my office getting the orders out. I switch Doctor's about two and a half weeks ago as we felt we where not getting anywhere when asking for more information from the doctor we had at that time. The new doctor has been great as far as letting us know the pro's and con's and the outlook. We went into Evergreen Hospital at 5:15 am Thursday and had a Angioplasty. We thought maybe i would have a few stints or so. What he found was that three of my Arteries where shot. We found out today it will be the Nov 24 for the operation and a check up on November 19th next week The part about what the doctor said to Sheila and me about not having very much time left being my three arteries are so bad off there is more to my condition on that subject. First time i felt something was not right was July 9th when i took the Skagit out for its shake down for the first time on Lake Stevens after working on it all winter and spring. Being i have never been thru something like this before time will tell how long it will take to heal. I ask the doctor about boating and was told we will have to play it by ear. Being i will not have to go into till 24th will be coming to the meeting to give my three cents worth. Get a check up ! Chuck
        We are all pulling for you Chuck. !!!!
        Helmar Joe Johanesen
        1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
        1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
        Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
        2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
        http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Hang in there Chuck. Think green - heart chakra healing color.

Comment

Chuck,

I wish you the very best. To that I add the fact that on February 20, 2002 I had a quadruple bypass. My dad had three bypass operations using older technology and each of them lasted about 10 years using older technology from the late 60s.

These operations are done so often these days that while still being major surgery they are almost routine. That they are willing to perform the operation means that your heart is probably sound and only the blood vessels supplying the heart muscles need work. You will come out your operation feeling vastly better with much more strength than you have now. I had a five week vacation following my operation to recuperate following a week stay in the hospital. What control the length of the recuperation was the fact that I wasn't allowed to drive during that period.

Bottom line was I felt better than ever after the recuperation time.

Good luck!
            Dave

14 Skagit Sportster Blue (formerly red)
            16 Skagit Skimaster (blue)
            17 Skagit

18 Skagit Runabout (1961?)

Comment

Sorry to hear about the set back Chuck. But glad to hear they found the problem. Like Dave, I had a quadruple five years ago. Was out of work for six weeks, with a one week stay in the hospital. The first two or three weeks of recovery are not pleasant, but with Sheila's help you will get through it. Just don't sneeze, it hurts like hell. Be sure to follow the after surgery instructions to a tee, and you will be back on the water next spring. Take care my friend.
              Steve Kiesel
              1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Glad to hear you'll make the meeting Chuck! A guy that works for me just had the same surgery...though he's an idiot and not listening to the doctors recovery plan, so who knows how he'll hold up.

Let us know if you need anything at all!

Comment

Hey Chuck-
                  Wise move to seek out the other Dr's 2 cents . Always great to have a good relationship with them, where they give you all the info. Dave's got a great point I have heard numerous times- you'll feel so much better on the recovery side !
                  Hang in there and plan for a fine cruise in South Puget in the spring/summer !
                  Take care, Captain .
                  bruceb

Comment

Chuck, you're in our prayers. Safe recovery and you'll be back out on the water before you know it.
                    Frederic
                    Retired Army Guy
                    1969 Evinrude Rogue II 210
                    1960 Mercury Sabre

Comment

wishing you the best of luck!

Comment

Good luck Chuck and god bless. You were the first member i talked to using my real voice.
                        Lyle
                        "Adrift in a sea of information looking for answers to bring me home"

The Build:
                        The Dorsett
                        Photos:
                        1960 Dorsett Catalina

Comment

Working...
                        X