Can't see blue on black

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't see blue on black

Suppose it is just my tired old eyes but I can't read the part on the home page where subjects are printed in blue. Fortunately, I know if I click on the first blue section, it will get me to areas I can see. Enlarging doesn't help. Just thought I'd put this out there to see if others have the same problem?
    Jerry
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Changeing Screen

Originally posted by Lootas1, post: 7439
    Suppose it is just my tired old eyes but I can't read the part on the home page where subjects are printed in blue. Fortunately, I know if I click on the first blue section, it will get me to areas I can see. Enlarging doesn't help. Just thought I'd put this out there to see if others have the same problem?
    Jerry
    Hi Jerry.
    I am not sure what you looking at on the home page but try this.
    Stroll down to the Very Bottom of the main page.
    At the bottom, you sould see a little box that says Default Style in it.
    Click on the little arrow in the box and it will change the screen colors.

Give that a try and let me know please...
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Joe,
      I think what Jerry is referring to is the home page, not the forums. The text links to sections of the site are in dark blue on a black background and are kinda hard to read on some screens. A lighter color might be nice?

Tim

Comment

Yah, Tim got it right. Anyway, I found that the problem could mainly be my 14 year old monitor. While I think the picture is sharp, I went to my 3 year old laptop, which I seldom use, and I can read the blue on black fine. So, perhaps some of the old age isn't mine but the screen I'm looking at.
        Jerry

Comment

Originally posted by Lootas1, post: 7465
          Yah, Tim got it right. Anyway, I found that the problem could mainly be my 14 year old monitor. While I think the picture is sharp, I went to my 3 year old laptop, which I seldom use, and I can read the blue on black fine. So, perhaps some of the old age isn't mine but the screen I'm looking at.
          Jerry
          Jerry,
          A 14 year old monitor? Wow, how did you get it to last so long? I don't have that kind of luck!

Comment

I buy premium electricity. For some reason, and that is the only one I can come up with, electrical things last forever around here. I replace my water heater every 15-20 years even though it still works because I fear it will rust out. Replaced refrigerator which was working fine because my wife says no one has a pale blue refrigerator anymore. My desktop and monitor are 1995 models (okay, there has been some memory added and I'm running XP but it's the original monitor). If you get your power from PSE, tell them you want premium!
            Jerry

Comment

Working...
            X