New Ferry Update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Ferry Update

Starting to look like a ferry. Will be on the Port Townsend - Keystone run.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wsdot/s...7621006556309/

They have all the pieces together. 1-22-10
    Attached Files
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Chuck, I have two questions.

1) Are you going to be on the first run?

2) Wanna carpool?

Comment

Tim, I don't know about being on the first run, but i 'am sure they will have a open house in Seattle and Port Townsend. Btw , If you count down four rows from the top of the pictures you can see the order as they roll it out. They have it backwards. Start where the boat is sticking out of the construction bldg you get a better idea how the parts went together. I e-mail the ferry system yesterday and ask them when they would have more pictures as each friday they had been posting each weeks results.Today they added 20 pic's. Best,Chuck

Comment

Photos of new ferries

Thanks for the link. Look like one of the boats is coming along. What does the name mean, Chetzemoka? Sounds like a beverage.
        McSkagit
        Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Tim, Chetzemoka was a S'Klallam Chief. The S'Klallam were led by Chetzemoka's older brother S'Hai-ak when white settlers first arrived in their territory around 1851 and it was he who granted permission for their settlement, Port Townsend. When S'Hai-ak drowned soon after, Chetzemoka succeeded to leadership of the S'Klallam. Chetzemoka was friendly toward the new settlers who dubbed him Duke of York. In the early 1850's he traveled to San Francisco impressing Chetzemoka and solidly placing him as allied to the Americans. He was instrumental in resolving the 1868 Dungeness Massacre when S'Klallam raiders killed 17 Tsimshians. Chetzemoka died at about age eighty. In 1904 the Port Townsend city park was named in his honor. Perhaps as the boat serving Port Townsend, this one would be the most appropriate! Chuck
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X