Folsom Prison Blues...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folsom Prison Blues...

start the video first, then read with the beat for a fuller, richer story time!

As inevitable as traffic when you are late for an important appointment, I got busted for having too many boats this weekend...by my Sweetheart.

The well worn path to this day was strewn with predecessors-unsuccessful in their desire to have "just one more", while continuing to sleep in a warm place. Ignoring all stop signs, I foolishly chose to pursue the rarified-air of old boat nirvana-a Park and Hide-as purists call it. Possessing enough space to squirrel away "must haves" with impunity, I flagrantly gathered more nuts than one squirrel could possibly enjoy (in a sane person's eyes)

The "moment" has been dreaded since I caught the "itch" that is classic 'glass boats-two years ago this month. My better half enjoy's my company, owing to her: don't ask don't tell policy, that relates to the "projects" that I am seemingly lost without. The sage in her wisely doesn't study the colors and shapes that appear, as long as the footprint doesn't grow exponentially larger. Your spouse may have a similar coping mechanism, I believe that it was Brian Franchini's wife that generically calls his collection POS #1, POS #2 etc...until she gets to ride in them...thus earning a real name.

You may have written the end of this story, concluding in a "fire sale", but you would be wrong. Coincidentally, 1 1/2 weeks ago-I printed out some "homework" for Holly to read when attempting to sleep. It was hoped that the "Confessions of an old boat junkie" by Marty Loken http://www.classicboatclub.com/musin...oatjunkie.html would provide valuable insight about this disease.

It worked, she gets it!!!! and laughed off the fact that she discovered the (as ChuckC would say) "Very Rare" hidden artifacts...although I've still got some splainin' to do, before I get to sleep indoors.

Guess I better tell her about her "Valentines Day" present that is in the shape of a '59 Reinell Jetabout before I get too comfortable....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr0Vt7E7U7w"]YouTube- Johnny Cash - Folsom Prison Blues[/ame]

Steve Kiesel
    1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Greg....

...Bad choice, giving her the boat as a (belated) Valentines Day present, since that particular holiday is an emotional time bomb waiting to blow. Under the circumstances, I'd hold off and employ a more benign occasion like Spring Solstice, Norwegian Independence Day or Flag Day.

(Oops, better not use the last one. I was married once on Flag Day and that worked about as well as giving your sweetie a rotten old boat for her Valentines present.)

Great video....

- Marty
      http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Like A Saint

Sometimes i let Sheila see some of these posting....Why ?...because it makes me look like a Saint ! He He .. She see the G-3 as she pulls in the Garage all of the time,but i don't think she see's the Farallon in the shelter ( around the side of the house ) half of the time and oh yes, the Skagit behind it. Skagit ? what Skagit. Chuck
        1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
        1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Working...
        X