S-l-o-w Cruising....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S-l-o-w Cruising....

I'm heading down to Olympia this afternoon to cruise an old 1978 C&C Mega 30 up to Marrowstone Island...a three-day process, since I'm only expecting to make about 5 knots with the outboard kicker.

Looks like a great weather forecast. If any of you happen to be out on the Sound this weekend, look for a dirty, oxidized old sailboat motoring northbound. I'll shove off from Olympia early Friday morning, and will hope to overnight Friday at either Gig Harbor, Blake Island or Eagle Harbor (Bainbridge Island), and then make Port Ludlow or Mats Mats Bay by Saturday night...coming into Mystery Bay on Sunday. (Hard to tell exactly how long any of the legs will take--so much depends on headwinds/tailwinds, how the motor runs, and more.)

Bon voyage....

- Marty
    Attached Files
    http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Have a great cruise Marty. Does look like perfect weather. We're taking Rosario to LaConner Saturday and plan to cruise around Hope Island, Cornet Bay area. Becky isn't about to go through Deception Pass in anything less than the Queen Mary!
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Marty,

If you decide to over night in Gig Harbor let me know maybe we can meet up.

Tom Sexton

Originally posted by Marty Loken (Norseboater), post: 9850
      I'm heading down to Olympia this afternoon to cruise an old 1978 C&C Mega 30 up to Marrowstone Island...a three-day process, since I'm only expecting to make about 5 knots with the outboard kicker.

Looks like a great weather forecast. If any of you happen to be out on the Sound this weekend, look for a dirty, oxidized old sailboat motoring northbound. I'll shove off from Olympia early Friday morning, and will hope to overnight Friday at either Gig Harbor, Blake Island or Eagle Harbor (Bainbridge Island), and then make Port Ludlow or Mats Mats Bay by Saturday night...coming into Mystery Bay on Sunday. (Hard to tell exactly how long any of the legs will take--so much depends on headwinds/tailwinds, how the motor runs, and more.)

Bon voyage....

- Marty

Comment

Marty, don't take the outboard you had last weekend. If you do, it might take longer than three days.
        Steve Kiesel
        1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Marty, take heart! Sir John Franklin sailed the Northwest Passage with a vessel carrying 134 men and 90 tons of coal and did it all with one 25 hp engine. Oh, that's right, he didn't make it. Well, I'll bet you have a better motor than he did and won't encounter ice flows!
          There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Working...
          X