Is our name too long?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is our name too long?

Looking at the decal Chuck C. put on Rosario. It looks sharp. Says "Fiberglassics" in a gold trimmed oval. I'd go for something like that for our logo but Northwest Classic Boat Club is just too long to fit. I'm not advocating a name change for the club. Seems like the only possible word we could drop is "club" and might abbreviate Northwest to "NW". How can we say it all on a burgee, cap or jacket patch? Helmar has it right that we need to keep it simple. So, where are the idea guys and gals?
    Jerry
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Oops. Looks like I'm talking to myself again!

After rereading, I think we could get by with "NW Classic Boats" on the logo without changing club name. I'll go one step further for you to take pot shots at. Gold lined oval, inside color burgundy, "NW Classic Boats" in gold. In my mind this looks classy and would really look good on Rosario. Maybe, to make the color more suited to other boat colors, the color in the oval should be some off white (cream? light gray?) Not trying to be a smart ass this time. Just would like to move the discussion to resolution.
    Jerry

Comment

Name, Club Logo

Jerry -

Yes, it's a challenge.

I'm currently working on a logo design that should look good on shirts, hats and maybe even Chuck's socks. Will share something in the next few weeks, but you're right in that we'll de-emphasize 'Northwest' and 'Club' in the logotype, in order to keep it simple and graphic.

- Marty
      http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Looking forward to seeing it on Chuck's socks. Being a gung ho kind of guy, perhaps he'll have it embroidered on his skivvies, too?

Comment

Way to stick the neck out Jerry,
          This means you have a good spine to hang your head on!!
          Now let`s make something classy to hang on that.
          Glad we are thinking on this,I saw one on a coat with a big classy "NW" in Gold with the club name written right across it.Kinda looked easily done ,just a matter of choosing Script most can read and colors that are suitable.Or not......
          Kim is ready when our logo is.
          Trying to make this easy on her so we can have her work on other details ......some we won`t know or care about but these designs outlast the garment so let`s make it worth saving.
          The Tajima sewing machines can do 12 colors at once,and 12 items on serious runs.
          TM
          unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
          15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
          SeaRay 175BR
          Hi-Laker lapline
          14` Trailorboat

Comment

Jerry,I know what you mean about the name. Half the time i just say "Northwest Club" and sometime i say "Classic Boat Club " By the way Jerry, a good friend made those two decals up for me. Maybe he could do the same oval with whatever Marty's comes up with for the wording. Can you shoot a pic of it so some of the members can see it ? I Like your "NW Classic Boats" idea. Chuck
            1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
            1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Thanks Chuck. I will take a pic of the decal but right now, the pictures are disappearing somewhere inside my computer. I have a call in to my son who patiently explains to me what I did wrong. Jerry

Comment

I think it should be just "The Club". Let them figure out what it is all about while we sit next to them smelling like resin and covered in sawdust and 5200.
                BRIAN FRANCHINI
                LAKE TAPPS, WA.

Comment

Design Idea

How about using the oval look with NORTHWEST making up the border of the top. BOAT CLUB making up the border on the bottom and CLASSIC in the center. John

Comment

Club Logo Design

Originally posted by John Berg, post: 9881
                    How about using the oval look with NORTHWEST making up the border of the top. BOAT CLUB making up the border on the bottom and CLASSIC in the center. John
                    I like it!

The Cap'n
                    "The beatings will continue until moral improves..."

Pat Drewery

Comment

Working...
                    X