Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flotsam & Jetsam suggesting/requesting a new catagory

Flotsam & Jetsam,

Suggesting , requesting a new catagory. Posts that don't fit elsewhere.

I've been around the classic boats from when they weren't classics, but everyday boats.

A year or two back I spent several hours going through the photo archives at Northwest Marine Trade Association. NMTA hosts the Seattle Boat SHow.

The pics were pretty well picked through, but I did find a few worth the research.

One pic is what I would call funny (realize humor is subjective)and I would like to post it on the main forum. However, based on the reaction I got from "The Light", I'll hold off posting it or perhaps bury it in my photo album.

New catagory please! FLOTSAM & JETSAM

Thanks

Tim

Originally posted by Tim McCrain, post: 604
    Oh Please. Are we at that point already?
    Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Flotsam & Jetsam--Way Better Than "Not Boat Related"

Tim -

Great idea! Maybe Joe and Carol can set that up in coming days...and give everybody a place for misc. stuff.

Nobody wants to be policed, or do policing, on this forum...(and we all need a sense of humor, for sure)...so it'll be good to have a spot where we can deal with non-boat-related subjects.

Incidentally, Joe and I were talking about this very subject yesterday, and we hope that everyone generally understands that when we say Main Forum posts should be "boat related," they can also be "club related" and/or "club-member related." In other words, when flooding hit the Puget Sound area and a bunch of members went on the forum to wonder if Mike and Judy were okay, that was absolutely great...and appropriate for this message board.

Probably the main things we all need to avoid are profanity and trashing of one another, but neither of those things should become issues in this group....right?

- Marty
      http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

In the mean time just put in the title/subject space, NBR:____. Myself I use the self editing feature.
        1958 Skagit 20 Offshore hardtop cruiser "Kanigo"

Comment

Its been setup
          Helmar Joe Johanesen
          1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
          1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
          Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
          2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
          http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Working...
          X