Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attention all BellBoy Owners - EMBLEMS !!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems like if there was a good set it wouldn't be too hard to make dies out of clay? For small runs it might be worth doing. Not that I have ANY experience doing it!
    John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
    Past Affairs:
    '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

Emblem cure

John,
      We needed to fill the holes and some white paint after some prep got them looking fairly good.
      Even did the rotten old Bowlight with the Multi-Surface Rustoleum that seemed to do well on the semi plastic chromed and pitted surface.
      Wondering if West System could bu used to pour some Pigment -laden epoxy into clay molds.
      The smoother Bellboy emblems will make better molds at the very least since there are not many pits showing anymore.
      I have the owner`s artist/Kid doing the lighthouses......let`s hope he doesn`t make it TOO modern.
      TM
      Attached Files
      unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
      15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
      SeaRay 175BR
      Hi-Laker lapline
      14` Trailorboat

Comment

calling Darrel...

Wondering if Darmandude Darrel's bronze casting source could pour some of these???, then could be sent to the plater for chrome. Another one-off option would be one of the CNC shops with a 5 axis machine to run out of billet aluminum that could be polished, plated or even chromed. I have also discussed the older Bell Boy logo with the water jet guys on a 3-axis machine for beveled edges out of stainless. Will post a price/example if it is reasonable.

Comment

Aluminum would be best I think. It polishes up nice and would match the rest of the hardware on the boat.
          John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
          Past Affairs:
          '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

I have just bought a dilapidated 1958 Bell boy Banshee. I am in Australia and am very interested in new emblems. Are these emblems still available, if so does anyone know the email of the guy to get them form?

Thanks

Joel...

Comment

Bell Boy Emblems

I,m from Queensland, Australia and would like a set of Emblems for my BB and if I can get a copy of the art work with the sizes then I think that I could get them laser cut in stainless steel and polished. phone 61-7-55781542 or ateam4@onthenet.com.au Anton

Comment

bell boy emblems

Originally posted by 59Banshee, post: 14281
                Hi Guys, I have placed an order for two sets (with threaded pins) with Bud directly
                I am also happy to order a couple more if he needs numbers??
                Matt
                I would like to talk to Bud so that I can order a set for my Australian Bell boy. Does he have an email address? Anton

Comment

Emblems

.said Bud. He called me today and said that he would not be able to duplicate the Bell Boy emblems. He tried. It's too thin and the square corners are not coming out right. The original emblems have been returned to BellBoyBob. Thanks for looking out for fellow glassheads Bob.

Looks like there is a demand for them still. Any other ideas for having the Bell Boy emblems made?

Eduardo
                  Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

Working...
                  X