Need "new" motor for my G3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack plate

Tim, I wish I had some info but i have none. I bought the Etec and mounted it on Ideal. I ran around on Lake washington for a day. My boat has not been finished so the cabin is empty and I have not had time to deal with weight balance. In turns it felt like it wanted to roll over and out of the hole it would stand up on its transom before settling down. I did not like the beige motor with the white hull so I moved it to Cool Junk and replaced it with the Merc. I took it out for an hour and had the same problem. I didn't have time this year to fine tune the idle or finish the boat so I put it away untill next year. I hope when its finished it will perform better. John
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanx John,
      I expected that.I may end up making a basic bottom extension/Bracket with some displacement that reaches low enough to act as 'Training Wheels",.......since the bottom outside corners are what floats us thru the turns.Move that corner 2-3 feet forward and add a torky engine and well,things may get "squirrely".
      A hollow bracket may be better for a 20` or longer hull.
      I am also toying with making an assy that would straddle a pre-made bracket and offer flotation.I`d make it reach almost to the bottom and almost to the sides but sloped slightly for dropping off of waves......
      Wooldridge uses these on their "Offshore" series and they use a flat bottom which slams the Bow down when dropping off the backside of waves.Slope it and it will propel you forward somewhat......as on my custom welded SAFE boat.
      I did have to put a Doel Fin on that hull for the lean at holeshot,might even work for the E-Tec.
      Hope to fab up a doorskin mock-up soon.
      Maybe some of this will someday apply to our G-3s.......
      TM
      unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
      15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
      SeaRay 175BR
      Hi-Laker lapline
      14` Trailorboat

Comment

Working...
      X