More work, a great day.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More work, a great day.

There's nothing like a day when you actually begin to realize the dream.

Marty, Jeff & Rod were all there when I picked it up so you all know the condition she was in.

Today, having that windshield brace template I'd been working on ready, I headed outside to find a 50 degree day. I placed the brace in place then got to work on the project of the day... the seat box, pedistal, cubby holes, etc. It's a huge checklist I have.. I promise.

After a few short hours, I'd constucted the side cubby holes, seat box platform thingy and run the steering through it all. A small part of the box is storage and the other will house one of the tanks I think. I dunno yet.

All temporarilly positioned, I finally got to sit at the helm of my boat... right where I'd envisioned it. It is a good feeling I tell ya.

A few other pictures of it hooked to my trusty towing workhorse shows just how big the boat really is. I still gotta lengthen the trailer sometime.

I'll worry about the exterior when I've got it all the stuff made, holes drilled & positioned. That's the plan anyway.

Anyway, thanks for looking.

Kelly
    Attached Files

Kelly, Looking real good ! Best, Chuck
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Cockpit Layout, Skagit 20

Kelly -

I like the way you've mounted the steering wheel directly to the bulkhead, saving a bit of precious space in the cockpit. Great to see progress being made, and I'm eager to get the windshield brace for one of our future projects.

- Marty
      http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Kelly,
        That brace is cool. Really fits the boat.

Tim

Comment

Working...
        X