South Sound Exploration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Sound Exploration

We have upgraded our camping life style. Adding a small camper to the PU. To many nights sleeping on the ground.

What does anyone know about camping at Jerrell Cove State park and is anyone else planning on staying there? Is Fair Harbor the closet launch ramp and can you leave you vehicle and trailer there?

This will be a great event and love cruising on Puget Sound.

Tom & Robyn

South Sound

Tom and Robyn -

Glad you're planning on the South Sound Exploration....

Jarrell's Cove Marine State Park has a nice campground with bathrooms, hot showers and two different floats to tie boats to, in addition to mooring buoys offshore. There's a grocery store and commercial marina with fuel dock on the opposite side of the cove, if anyone needs basic supplies.

The only thing up in the air right now is the fate of Washington's state parks in general, since the state is broke and the Legislature may take some actions that include cutbacks in various state parks, or even potential closures of some. (I haven't been following the latest developments, but during each recent year the parks have been threatened, and gotten off the hook by various means. I'm sure that Jarrell's Cove Marine State Park will remain open, but camping fees might increase, or there might be some limitations on services, etc. We'll post details as they become available.)

Fair Harbor Marina has free boat launching with a paved ramp and lots of free trailer parking across the road from the ramp. You can leave your trailer there for the weekend. There's one ramp that might be slightly closer to Jarrell's Cove--next to the Hartstene Island Bridge--but Fair Harbor is a better choice.

We'll have lots of updates and details as we get closer to the event...

- Marty
    http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

July 23rd and 24th – South Sound exploration

Hi Marty,
      I joined this site recently because Claire & I are planning on hauling my boat to your area, from L A, this summer for a couple of weeks on the water.
      Your Cruise looks like it could be a great way to kick off our trip.
      We don't know any of the folks in the Club, but you seem like a friendly bunch. Our thought is to arrive at the start of your Cruise join in the activities and perhaps pick up a few pointers on things to do for the remainder of our trip.
      John Romano, Chatsworth, CA

Comment

South Sound...

John -

Great to hear you'll be joining us in July; please see my private e-mail on the subject.

- Marty

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

John, We will make sure you have a good time at our event and give you some idea's for the rest of your trip. Yes, We are a friendly group. Tell Jill to come up as well. Best,Chuck
          1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
          1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Hi Chuck,
            Thanks for your reply. Looking forward to the Cruise in July
            John Romano

Comment

Hi All,
              Hope everything is still on for this Cruise. Claire & I are leaving LA next Wednesday to arrive, at Olympia, on the 23rd.
              See you there.
              John

Comment

South Sound Cruise

John -

Everything's on...

Please see updated details below under Events Discussion.

- Marty

Comment

Working...
                X