Film @ 11

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chucks obsession

Chuck : Knowing you your trailer will be just as good if not better. When you get into something I know it bothers the heck out of you if it's not perfect. That's an Atwood steering wheel that Dorsett must have put on that model. They were on many boats. I had the same wheel on my Skagit and I have the same wheel on my Larson . On my Skagit that center piece got destroyed at the chrome shop and I used a chrome electrical knock out plug to re-place it and that little ring you have that says Dorsett I replaced with a big Stainless steel washer (that I had Chromed ) I ran a strip of velcro around the wheel insert and glued velcro to the back side of the washer to stick it and it was as good as new - Better - Any help you need with Trailer parts let me know !
    Attached Files
    Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

Obsession ??? Not me ! Well maybe a little. Thanks for some of your idea's. I have change my plans about 3-4 times in my dream's. Can you put that wheel on a Tel-A-Flex System...i did not think so ? Will be calling on you. Thanks, Chuck
      1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
      1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

devilfish

Originally posted by Lootas1, post: 19966
        Oh, did I mention, I used to be a reporter?
        Jerry, did you write this story? It's kind of hard to read, so I retyped it:
        "Yesterday morning while two Indians were coming across from Lummi in a canoe they ran into a large octapus, or devilfish. The ugly monster of the deep threw his tentacles around the prow of the canoe and almost swamped it. After a severe struggle the Indians succeeded in beating the fish off. Two of the tentacles were cut off by the Indians, which were shown by them as proof of their encounter with the devil-fish. Fairhaven Herald"

Comment

Wait a minute, Stan, just how old do you think I am? Well, I don't see a dateline but don't think that paper was published in my lifetime. Anyway, I do have fish stories but no one believes them. Wish I could illustrate it here but have you heard about the one armed fisherman who caught a fish this long? You gotta visualize how far out his remaining arm is extended.
          There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Originally posted by Lootas1, post: 19983
            Wait a minute, Stan, just how old do you think I am?
            Sorry Jerry, I didn't think you wrote it. I found it in a January 1901 issue of the Blaine Journal. I'm pretty sure everyone involved is long dead by now, especially the 6 legged octopus. I just wanted to call your attention to the dangers lurking beneath the surface of the waters around Lummi Island. Even though that "hexapus" is probably gone, it may have reproduced and just imagine how big and ornery its offspring are by now.:Runaway1:

Comment

Strangely, I edited the newspaper in Coupeville on Whidbey Island in 1959 and, upon learning that the largest of octopuses (or maybe that is octopi?) were found on the west side of the island, I wrote one of my early "humor" columns about doing battle with one. I still recall a line from that as my employer thought I was funny (in a good way) and repeated it when I left the newspaper in 1963. It went something like "And there is stood, toe to toe to toe to toe...with a giant octopus." I'd never write anything that silly today. Oops. Guess I just did.
              There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Spit-shine

:cool1:Bitchin' ride, Daddy-O. When your elbow gets tired from all that rubbing you can enlist Ron12's help.

Looking forward to watching Sheila tow her suitor around the lake on one ski...G

Comment

Working...
                X