boat identification

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boat identification

i inherited a boat from my father ten years ago and the title says it is a 1965 21ft bellboy. it is made of wood with super sabre v-6 and an eaton outdrive. i have tried to research on this boat and from what i can find is that if it is a 1965 most likely it would be fiberglass. bellboy had already been bought out by sabrecraft in 1963 although they used the name bellboy for a few years to up there sales.i have not been able to find any picture,brochures or manuals.the boat is in pretty good shape but it is hard to find correct parts for this boat if i could get any information or get pointed in correct direction it would be appreciated thanks
    [ATTACH]11883.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]11884.vB[/ATTACH]
    Attached Files

Welcome.
    I think Marty and some of the other older salts might know more about this I myself don't know of any Bellboy boats made from wood.

With the snow issue up here, some might be busy digging...
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

the title says its a bellboy. i have plastic bellboy words that were on the boat when my father purchased it. the guy he bought it from said it was a bellboy the motor and outdrive all match what manufacturing says it should be in that year i just cant find anything that say they made any wood boats that year. i also can find any placards on the boat anywhere.any idea where it would be located?is there any way to research the title and get information on the first one that was issued?

Comment

Lapstrake Woody

It's definitely not a Bell Boy, but I'm not sure who built the boat.

Chris-Craft, Thompson, Lyman, Cruisers Inc. and many others produced lapstrake boats like yours in the 1960s; it resembles a Chris-Craft 21-footer I had several years ago, but that one was a straight-shaft inboard and the stem profile was slightly different.

Hard to say...but Bell Boy never made anything like that.

- Marty
        http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

does anyone know anywhere i can take this boat to get looked at and maybe get some info on it.

Comment

Originally posted by sbenson, post: 20842
            does anyone know anywhere i can take this boat to get looked at and maybe get some info on it.
            Never heard of anyone or anyplace, other than on line at some of the boat sites.
            Helmar Joe Johanesen
            1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
            1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
            Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
            2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
            http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

I'd post your quest over at Fiberglassics.com with a few interior shots as well as the ones you posted here. Andreas, AKA thompsonboat, is quite knowledgeable when it comes to wooden boats and may be able to point you in the right direction as to where to look for any " placards". The FG site has a forum specifically for wooden boats. Good luck.

Melanie
              1958 Skagit 20 Offshore hardtop cruiser "Kanigo"

Comment

Working...
              X