Hello again!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello again!

Its been so long since I've posted, thought maybe I'd reintroduce my boat! She's a 57 BellBoy that I bought in 04 as a black berry special. After doing the usual rebuild, transom,deck,paint and such, I powerd with a 1956 30 hp Johnson pull start with cable steering. Shortly thereafter I repowerd with a sweet running Homlite and updated to a rack and single cable steering as well. We ran it like that intill last fall when I put on a 60 hp Yamaha Long shaft with tilt and trim. I had been wanting to move the fuel tank and battery forward and out of the splashwell (for the Bat) and raise the seats up some. I had origanaly built the seat mounts low as I had a hardtop on it for a time, but that proved to feel a little cramped to me. So I added to the old seat mt. and sorta just started cutting and fitting to come up with my current arangment. I think it will work out pretty good, Still need to do some venting and odds and end to finish up but ended up with my 6 gal tank on one side and the starting bat on a switch with room for another bat on the otherside. The carpet under foot is only on a try on but I might try to do some type of snap in thing with it as I like to swab it out from time to time and not sure the carpet on the floor will work out. Sort of a long rambling story... maybe I'll have more coffee! Hope to see ya on the water! - Ross
    Attached Files
    Ross Henson

Looks really nice Ross. Lowell is going to lead another Snowhomish River/Slew to Marysville run in March, maybe you can make it to that one and you can show off your handy work their.
    Greg James

Comment

Good to hear from you Ross. The Bell Boy is looking good as always. The path you went down with the motors sure sounds familiar. Only difference is I ended up with a 60hp Johnson on the Seafair. Sure miss our outings on Lake Stevens.

Hopefully we can meet up again sometime in the future.
      Steve Kiesel
      1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Thanks Greg, I'd like to make that run, We are going to try our best to make it to more events in the club this year for sure! I have spring fever bad.
        Ross Henson

Comment

Steve, happy to learn of your retiriment soon! Sue and I bought a truck camper and the plan is to pull the boat with us ... Maybe we could get together and look at a couple of lakes your way this summer.
          Ross Henson

Comment

Nice work Ross, your Bell Boy is looking great. Went the same way with motors myself. My Westerner came with the original 58' Evinrude pull start that ran great, however I replaced it with an electric start 35 Rude, then the Honda 50. Best thing I ever did.
            Thanks for the photos, always interestig to see club members winter projects.
            Kent & Diane
            '58 Westerner

Comment

Hey Ross Nice to hear from you. Those seats/tanks combo sure do look nice! If you are using Home Depot / Lowe's "indoor /outdoor" carpet, it will last forever. The Rosario still has the same carpet in it ( unless Jerry changed it ) since 2003 and my Skagit has it as well for the last two years.See that vacuum ? U need to get one of those to keep your carpet spiffy. Nothing like a vacuum when out on the high Sea's. LoL ! What i did on the carpet as far as having snaps, i screw down the carpet across by the bulkhead with a nice looking washer and then add a colorkeyed snap like a person uses on their canvas.It makes it look like it is just snaped down. Being i don't fish i have no need to be taking it up to wash it only vacuuming it. If it gets water on it i roll it back and let it dry out or use a shop vac. Only happen one time at Lake Whatcom back in about 2005 in a all night rainstorm. Best,Chuck
              Attached Files
              1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
              1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Not only does Rosario still have her carpet but we installed the "whole vessel" vacuum system and a generator to power it. Gotta do that carpet regularly as Becky and our dog Joy sometimes track sand on board! Next improvement is the heated port-a-potty seat!
                There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

I found some cool vent covers at the hardware store, they are for the soffets under the eaves on a house. Worked good just made a 2" hole with a holesaw and they fit right in. I guess that should be enough for a vent I put 3 on each side. Also fabbed up some nylon straps with snaps to keep the covers/seats from blowing off going down the road. Gotta fix a burnd out light on the trailer and I'm ready... Oh wait someone said there is a football game on tommorow I need to watch. Maybe next weekend.
                  Ross Henson

Comment

Ross my man, You are going to watch two football teams beat the crap out of each other ? It's going to be nice outside. Chuck

Comment

Boating

Originally posted by chuckcarey, post: 21024
                      Ross my man, You are going to watch two football teams beat the crap out of each other ? It's going to be nice outside. Chuck
                      Lets go Boating !
                      Swedster !
                      Ingvar (Swedster) Carlson

Comment

Originally posted by Lootas1, post: 21021
                        Not only does Rosario still have her carpet but we installed the "whole vessel" vacuum system and a generator to power it...
                        That sounds great! Then all I'd need is hot and cold pressured water, stove with oven and cabin heat!

Oh, wait! I've already got that! Teehee!

(remember: the bigger the boat, the bigger the problems)

Comment

Well, the large microwave makes up for a bit of that and the heated captain chairs with massage makes the ride a bit more comfortable. Then there's the hot tub. Had to squeeze a bit to get it all into a Skagit 17.
                          There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Jerry, Kind of late asking you this now, but back in 09 when you bought the Rosario from me, i mention to you before you drove out of the driveway to not forget about hooking up the febelflexters unit. Did you ever get around to doing that ? Chuck

Comment

The 1957 17 Skagit Express was the only boat that utilized a febelflexter unit. I took mine out years ago so I don't have to worry about it.
                              Greg James

Comment

Working...
                              X