Hello again!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greg,

If no one has else has already contacted you I'd be interested in it. I'm sure I could adapt to the Skagit20 with little trouble. Let me know asap so that I can get it install before the season starts. BTW what is it's purpose.

Melanie
    1958 Skagit 20 Offshore hardtop cruiser "Kanigo"

Comment

Greg, I don't know if you knew about this, but there was a updated one i got just before Jerry purchased the Rosario from me. It was mounted inside the dash unit that a person could reach in thru the cabin bulkhead wall and connect the red & black wires. I have been thinking about doing it to my 20 Skagit as well.I wonder if Joe has heard of this ? Chuck
      1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
      1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Chuck just told me there is no such thing but I was sure I saw one when I was looking for some muffler bearings for my truck. They are almost as rare as the febelflexter ya know. I may have been born at night but it wasn't last night.
        1958 Skagit 20 Offshore hardtop cruiser "Kanigo"

Comment

Be careful while messing with your febel-flexer...

...you should always use protection. I borrowed the factory installed unit from the 17, that I purchased from Chuck- and retrofitted it into the Glastron. Top speed was increased by 3 mph!

Greg

Looking forward to cruising with you again Yardman.

Comment

Originally posted by Yardman, post: 21013
            Its been so long since I've posted, thought maybe I'd reintroduce my boat! She's a 57 BellBoy that I bought in 04 as a black berry special. After doing the usual rebuild, transom,deck,paint and such, I powerd with a 1956 30 hp Johnson pull start with cable steering. Shortly thereafter I repowerd with a sweet running Homlite and updated to a rack and single cable steering as well. We ran it like that intill last fall when I put on a 60 hp Yamaha Long shaft with tilt and trim. I had been wanting to move the fuel tank and battery forward and out of the splashwell (for the Bat) and raise the seats up some. I had origanaly built the seat mounts low as I had a hardtop on it for a time, but that proved to feel a little cramped to me. So I added to the old seat mt. and sorta just started cutting and fitting to come up with my current arangment. I think it will work out pretty good, Still need to do some venting and odds and end to finish up but ended up with my 6 gal tank on one side and the starting bat on a switch with room for another bat on the otherside. The carpet under foot is only on a try on but I might try to do some type of snap in thing with it as I like to swab it out from time to time and not sure the carpet on the floor will work out. Sort of a long rambling story... maybe I'll have more coffee! Hope to see ya on the water! - Ross
            Looken real good Ross.

What you also need to do is go into the Floatsum Jetsum and post some images of your truck you just did !!!
            Helmar Joe Johanesen
            1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
            1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
            Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
            2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
            http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Slo-Mo, The reason you achieved 3 more mph was the febelflexters were sending a electrical charge thru the hull. The older style GregJ had never worked all that great. Chuck
              1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
              1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

?

You guys are too funny!... Please be carful, I once hard-wired one on my aluminum fishing boat and fish started jumping in! Really took all the fun out of fishing for me. Here are a couple of pics of my vents I think I'm ready to put her in the water. Joe, I'll post a couple of the chev project.
                Attached Files
                Ross Henson

Comment

Originally posted by Yardman, post: 21040
                  You guys are too funny!... Please be carful, I once hard-wired one on my aluminum fishing boat and fish started jumping in! Really took all the fun out of fishing for me. Here are a couple of pics of my vents I think I'm ready to put her in the water. Joe, I'll post a couple of the chev project.
                  Hey that ol Bellboy is looking better all the time. I think the last time our Bellboy was in the water was....? I do not even remember.
                  John & Diane Kelly

Comment

Lookin' good ,Ross!

I like the thought that went into you "addition". Nice work! -Ken

Comment

Working...
                    X