Sangster boat info?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sangster boat info?

Hey I'm wondering if any of you know anything about the sangster marine company based in Vancouver that used to build fiberglass boats in the 60s and 70s. I don't know if they would be really considered classics but I have a nice 17 foot runabout that I'm quite fond of and am wondering a bit about the company, the manufacturing methods used and just generally whether any of you have owned any of these boats in the past?

Sangster

Chris -

From the lack of response, I'd guess that few of us--myself included--have any real information on Sangster...just the general impression that they built some great and very fast dragboat-style hulls.

Can you post some photos of your Sangster?

- Marty
    http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Thanks Marty I will do that as soon as I finish the painting I started. I've been using this boat as my training ground for the skagit as all of this is new to me and it's nice to practice things like painting and fiverglassing on something that isn't as important. That said I thing a lot of things on this boat were hand crafted as I noticed that not all the fiberglass is the same style there is some with woven mat style cloth like the skagit and some that looks like it was more modern. I would guess that the hull I have is from the early 70's and it's really more of a speed boat for lake use. Part of what is weird is that the transom is only the bottom 1/2 of the boat. The top half is just fiberglass so hanging a kicker mount is hard. I'm not quite sure how to deal with that. Regardless it still has a lot of it's original 2 tone blue hull which I really like. I have to paint the top side but the bottom side will stay original because it still looks good. Anyways just curious about the background if there is any info out there

Comment

Working...
      X