Donations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donations

I know that we don't have dues anymore, but how can I donate to keep our website going?

Karl
    17' Johnson Runabout (1964) Completed
    18' GlassCraft Imperial (1959) Done!
    19' Campion Bowrider (1999) Great family ski/tow boat
    25' Skagit (1960) Two of them. What am I thinking?
    14' Axtell Aquacraft (1950ish)
    14' Stilleto

Thanks for the reminder Karl. There is a "Membership" link on the homepage at http://www.classicboatclub.com/ But it's not working. I entered my information, then clicked on the "Continue" button, but nothing happens.

Joe, can you do something to correct this? Thanks.
    Steve Kiesel
    1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Club Donations or Dues

Hi Guys.

Found out we can call it whatever we want.
      But, I am working on Donations to be safer.

I will go see if I can fix that link (thought I had it all working?? Sorry)
      The webpage one is a problem but the Forum one should be working. It has a problem right now and that is its set up for $35 only. (Trying to get that for the three levels, $15, $20, $25.)

So, this post being in the Main Forum area, everyone can see this.

I have been trying to come up with some things for different levels of support.
      Its kind of hard to figure this out as different things seem to pop up, like the support for our forum software had to be purchased again and well, I have a programmer that I use for some of the real heavy changes we need done, including the new Website.
      But, what I have come up with is the amount of people that used to pay the 35 a year for support, well, if they only paid 20 bucks, we could make it.
      We have lost a few supporters in the past years, so this is kind of what I am thinking of in levels.
      I need your help...

I really believe that if we had different levels of support, that we might get more folks that could help support the club.

So...
      Me being in other clubs and groups, its nice when you are recognized for being a supporter...
      Back when Marty and I started the club I had started working on ID Cards with or without pictures (Jerry, I still have your picture too)

Here is where I need help coming up.

=========================================
      Become a Supporter or Member to Classicboatclub.com

$15.00 You become a Supporter with with ID Card and recognition on the Forum as "Supporter".

$20.00 You become a "Supporting Member" with access to the Members area which includes Club Business. You receive your ID card, several Club Member decals and business cards

$25.00 You become a "Member/Owner" of the club, vote on all club business and help direct the clubs future, your ID card, have access to all areas including Event Discussion.
      This also comes with, business cards, Member Decals and Key Fob?

$35.00 You get all the above and be categorized as Gold Member ?? and ??
      Helmar Joe Johanesen
      1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
      1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
      Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
      2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
      http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Thanks again Joe. Took me awhile to find it from the Forum page. It's under "User CP", then "Paid Subscriptions" on the bottom left.

Those breakdowns and dollar amounts you listed look good. I'm not sure how else we could do it. Let's see who else chimes in.
        Steve Kiesel

Comment

Originally posted by Helmar, post: 24410

$15.00 You become a Supporter with with ID Card and recognition on the Forum as "Supporter".

$20.00 You become a "Supporting Member" with access to the Members area which includes Club Business. You receive your ID card, several Club Member decals and business cards

$25.00 You become a "Member/Owner" of the club, vote on all club business and help direct the clubs future, your ID card, have access to all areas including Event Discussion.
          This also comes with, business cards, Member Decals and Key Fob?

$35.00 You get all the above and be categorized as Gold Member ?? and ??
          Joe, this "donation" structure looks good.. If people find that they aren't happy with it then we can always adjust it a little in future. Bottom line is that hopefully with a lower donation option we can get more poeple to support our forum and the resources it makes available to them.
          Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
          1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Donation Completed

Joe -

Following Steve's lead, I just donated the only amount that showed up under the User CP / Paid Subscriptions heading: $35.

Thanks for doing all the legwork...

- Marty
            http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Joe, I just paid the $35.00 membership dues. I really don't need any key rings and i will wait till the club come's up with a better logo than that "sinking" boat decal. LOL ! Best,Chuck
              1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
              1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Originally posted by Marty Loken (Norseboater), post: 24415
                Joe -

Following Steve's lead, I just donated the only amount that showed up under the User CP / Paid Subscriptions heading: $35.

Thanks for doing all the legwork...

- Marty
                Thanks Ole.
                Still got plenty in the works being done.
                Still working with the Paypal thing and the website
                Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Originally posted by SkagitGuy, post: 24416
                  Joe, I just paid the $35.00 membership dues. I really don't need any key rings and i will wait till the club come's up with a better logo than that "sinking" boat decal. LOL ! Best,Chuck
                  Thanks Chuck.
                  Still working on things...

I got my hands full but if you would like to start a post about the boat clubs logo, go ahead. I know we had others that thought it was just ok so maybe a change is in order?
                  Just start it in the club business area and start a poll to see how many people would like to change it. If we get enough people wanting to see something different, then we do so :GoodJob:

In the mean time, here is something to toy with.
                  Attached Files
                  Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Helmar, I like our logo. Does'nt look like the boat is sinking to me. It looks like a boat going over some waves to me. Boats do that.
                    Check in the mail. Thanks man.
                    GregJ
                    Greg James

Comment

I also like the current logo. Reminds be of a Bellboy. Make up some blue ones for Chuck, then he will be happy.
                      Steve Kiesel

Comment

Hey Steve, Red is ok too. Chuck
                        Attached Files
                        1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
                        1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_Kiesel, post: 24411
                          Thanks again Joe. Took me awhile to find it from the Forum page. It's under "User CP", then "Paid Subscriptions" on the bottom left.

Those breakdowns and dollar amounts you listed look good. I'm not sure how else we could do it. Let's see who else chimes in.
                          I am having trouble duplicating that screen ???
                          I log in as admin for the most part, then log in as just like I came off the Internet and found the Forum and I can still see the Pay Dues tab.
                          I don't have to go under User CP ??
                          Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Working...
                          X