LaConner show

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LaConner show

Anyone coming to the LaConner show on Saturday. Would be nice to know who is coming with or without their boat. Clint

Originally posted by strobee View Post
    Anyone coming to the LaConner show on Saturday. Would be nice to know who is coming with or without their boat. Clint
    You might explain why it would be nice to know who is coming with or without a boat for the new members.

I think one reason is for parking the boats and a head count would help the organizers ?

Any and all information is welcome.
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Clint, I will be there with the red boat! I also have a fellow coming with his all original 1969 Bayliner (yes it's a Bayliner but it's green and it's a time capsule! Plus he is super friendly) I met him at the launch ramp after opening day and he is excited to hang out with other folks who like classic boats.
      Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
      1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

We are attending the event with our Lady Clipper Dart in the boat show and our 1965 Suburban in the car show see you all there.
        Dave

Comment

Is the show this Saturday? Darn I was hoping to attend this year. I am scheduled to work this Saturday.

Comment

Dave comes without boat, but with arm in sling.

I may put in an appearance, but without boat. Considering putting the SL550 on automotive side. My current joke is that the thing is nothing more than a properly engineered Mustang. It was one of the last years for a naturally aspirated V8, the big trip now in Europe is to go with a much smaller V8 but put twin turbos on it. The deal is unless you're doing 7000 RPM the things on even light off. So you can get your impressive horsepower and top speed but 99% of the time you don't get into the turbos. So you basically spend a ton of money for something you don't use. But like my dad always said there is no substitute for cubic inches, but the environmental wackos convinced the builders that was a way to go.

My original plan was to use the money to buy a 26 to 31 foot twin Diesel sport fisherman, but that was before I met you guys started looking at vintage Skagit's. Now that I'm no longer 11 years old I can finally afford the boat I always wanted which was the 14 Skagit sportster.
            Dave

14 Skagit Sportster Blue (formerly red)
            16 Skagit Skimaster (blue)
            17 Skagit

18 Skagit Runabout (1961?)

Comment

We (Dad and I) plan to attend sans boat.

Comment

Originally posted by DMCI View Post
                I may put in an appearance, but without boat. Considering putting the SL550 on automotive side. My current joke is that the thing is nothing more than a properly engineered Mustang. It was one of the last years for a naturally aspirated V8, the big trip now in Europe is to go with a much smaller V8 but put twin turbos on it. The deal is unless you're doing 7000 RPM the things on even light off. So you can get your impressive horsepower and top speed but 99% of the time you don't get into the turbos. So you basically spend a ton of money for something you don't use. But like my dad always said there is no substitute for cubic inches, but the environmental wackos convinced the builders that was a way to go.

My original plan was to use the money to buy a 26 to 31 foot twin Diesel sport fisherman, but that was before I met you guys started looking at vintage Skagit's. Now that I'm no longer 11 years old I can finally afford the boat I always wanted which was the 14 Skagit sportster.
                Glad your getting around Dave.
                Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

LaConner was great today! Hot weather, beautiful boats, amazing cars, and good friends!! What more could anyone want?

We had 11 trailer boats of both wood and glass. There were 18 boats in the water including three small runabouts!

I have pictures of almost every boat but I have to wait till my wifi comes back online to upload them (cellular data is too small for picture uploads)...

We got to meet some of the new members in person, which is always nice to put a face to a screen name!

I will update more when my network comes back up...
                  Brian Flaherty

Comment

La Conner happened, and as mostly, usual, it was great weather, lots of folks visiting our corner of the event to talk about classics. So hopefully the pics and my descriptions will make some sense here.
                    Dave's spectacular Lady Clipper with beautiful white Merc, winner of people's choice Wood Boat ! Very nice boat, Dave, and the Suburban was super ( sorry, no pic of that )
                    Rick Love's sparkly white Larson Falls Flyer and Clint Strobel's 17 Skagit Express.
                    Brian Flaherty's cool red on red Chris Craft ski boat.
                    The day of the boat show is crazy for me, as people start asking me questions about the boat before I have it unhooked from the truck until it's time to leave. Wish it was 2 days so that we could have time to talk with everyone.
                    Special situations this year was the drop by of a Skagit Plastics employee, Jim, who worked from 1954-1958 at the factory. He had pics of a very special 17 runabout used by the Texaco refinery that's been stored for 20 years in a barn. May be posting that one in classifieds soon.
                    A visit with Don Lee and his daughter, a true gentleman and Skagit owner from early days of club. great to see Don.P1130977.jpgP1130976.jpgP1130975.jpgP1130979.jpg
                    Many new (to us) classic boat fans ( we met 2 families from our neck of the woods) making plans for their boats and restorations. I keep forgetting everyone's names, dang.
                    So, thanks to everyone who brought boats, we've got so many great memories over the years of this show, and this year built on those memories......
                    bruce and vicki b

Comment

PICTURES!!! Pictures everywhere!

Here are photos of nearly every boat that was on site for the show. I missed getting a direct shot of the "High Laker" that was there as they pulled out before I had chance to double back over the group.. I also skipped the 2004 Sea-Ray that was in the water...

So here are the "in water" boats...
                      Attached Files
                      Brian Flaherty

Comment

More pictures!!

Here are the "trailer" boats!!!
                        Attached Files
                        Brian Flaherty

Comment

Nice work on getting the pictures guys....
                          Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

The last of it...

And here are a few of my highlights from the car section...

The engine photos are of a sweet 514 cu-in Cadilac with quad side-draft, single barrel, carbs!! Most impressive although probably a nightmare to tune and keep running..
                            Attached Files
                            Brian Flaherty

Comment

Originally posted by bruceb View Post
                              La Conner happened, and as mostly, usual, it was great weather, lots of folks visiting our corner of the event to talk about classics. So hopefully the pics and my descriptions will make some sense here.
                              Loved your boat Bruce, especially the neat E-Tec 90.

Comment

Working...
                              X